Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
picture of spring from mower

I recently bought a z335e. I found a small spring next to where I park it. It is black 3 1/2 inches long, curved hooks on both ends. Anyone know where this goes? I used the mower once before finding the spring and it worked fine, but I don't want to push my luck. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks. 100_0270[1].JPG

·
Registered
55 Posts
I recently bought a z335e. I found a small spring next to where I park it. It is black 3 1/2 inches long, curved hooks on both ends. Anyone know where this goes? I used the mower once before finding the spring and it worked fine, but I don't want to push my luck. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Oh boy, loads of places that could have come from, first thought would be belt tension idler but would really need a picture in order to help accurately...

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,789 Posts
I recently bought a z335e. I found a small spring next to where I park it. It is black 3 1/2 inches long, curved hooks on both ends. Anyone know where this goes? I used the mower once before finding the spring and it worked fine, but I don't want to push my luck. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Item # 23 (part # GX25978). Mower belt tensioner spring. It attaches to item # 21.
0002821345____________A1.gif

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bingo ! Yahtzee ! Item 23 belt tensioner Spring...Pretty easy call really....A better question in my mind is why did it pop off ?
It shouldn't....the spring keep a constant tension on the belt , therefore limiting slippage while cutting. Slippage wears the belt and causes gloss to it...I imagine it because the machine is new and the belts are tight ....things should loosen up a bit and thr spring should stay in place ...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'll bet the belt isn't in place either. Belt popped off.. Tensioner swacked back and flung the spring off. Just a guess.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,789 Posts
what does the other end attach too?
Look in the circled area, on or near the rear mower lift link is located, there should be a hole, or a rod to hook the end of the spring to.

0002821345____________A1 (1).gif

0002654484____________A1.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts