Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found these on amazon. It's the best price I've ever seen for quick hitch bushings/adapters. Figured I'd share. $16.99, shipped (if you have Prime).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0747GKLX8/

If you have problems hammering the roll pins in, you can squash the tapered end in a vice. I didn't bother, and it was a bit of a pain to get it in, but not too bad.

EDIT: Apparently, you can get these at Walmart for $7.20 a pair. Thanks, CADplans!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RanchEx-Adapter-Bushing-for-Cat-1-Quick-Hitch/55836335

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I found these on amazon. It's the best price I've ever seen for quick hitch bushings/adapters. Figured I'd share. $16.99, shipped (if you have Prime).

If you have problems hammering the roll pins in, you can squash the tapered end in a vice. I didn't bother, and it was a bit of a pain to get it in, but not too bad.
That's what I do. Less frustrating that way. :good2:

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I do. Less frustrating that way. :good2:
Well...I only thought of it after I went outside to install them. And by then the thought of going back inside was unbearable. NO, ME POUND WITH HAMMER UNTIL GO IN! :)

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Good price, but it does not include the upper bushings.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good price, but it does not include the upper bushings.

Dave
I've never seen them sold together. I usually pick up the upper bushing at Tractor Supply for a couple of bucks. But these, the lower ones, are 30 dollars at TSC.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I've never seen them sold together. I usually pick up the upper bushing at Tractor Supply for a couple of bucks. But these, the lower ones, are 30 dollars at TSC.
Around $30 at the dealer.

Dave

iMatch bushings.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I found they install easily if you compress and hold the pin with a pair of Vice-Grips. No whacked fingers!

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
Does that only have the one upper bushing in the photo? I usually buy two...the one shown being the inner one, and then one more larger (cat 3 I think) outer one. Together, they fit perfectly into the iMatch top hook. Just the one shown is too small.
I've bought all of my bushing kits at the dealer, everyone came with both upper sleeves as well.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I've bought all of my bushing kits at the dealer, everyone came with both upper sleeves as well.
Upper all the way to cat 3 or just the cat 2 as shown in the photo? I think I remember buying a set from the dealer a couple of years ago, and it only had the cat 1 to cat 2 bushing, which isn't enough for the iMatch.

These are the ones I buy at tractor supply:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-category-2-to-1-top-link-bushing

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-category-3-to-2-top-link-bushing

One goes inside the other, and then they don't bang around in the iMatch top hook. Under $6 for both.

You still need roll pins, or does it come with one?
No idea about the walmart ones. Thought they should come with them. The Amazon price is for both bushings and roll pins, with shipping. I guess if you don't have a Walmart handy, that's still a good option.

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
Upper all the way to cat 3 or just the cat 2 as shown in the photo? I think I remember buying a set from the dealer a couple of years ago, and it only had the cat 1 to cat 2 bushing, which isn't enough for the iMatch.
Both

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm...I just remembered I have a non-standard top hook on my iMatch. That's why I needed the cat 3 one also. If I remember correctly, a normal iMatch should only need the cat 1 to cat 2 bushing.

Unless there are others out there like mine!

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
Hmm...I just remembered I have a non-standard top hook on my iMatch. That's why I needed the cat 3 one also. If I remember correctly, a normal iMatch should only need the cat 1 to cat 2 bushing.

Unless there are others out there like mine!
All of my kits have come with a sleeve within a sleeve, could be an optical illusion in the photo because that's how they look when you buy them new.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

EDIT: Apparently, you can get these at Walmart for $7.20 a pair. Thanks, CADplans!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RanchEx-Adapter-Bushing-for-Cat-1-Quick-Hitch/55836335
Yep, just bought a set from amazon for the rear blade dad had laying at the farm.
A few welds and some "modification" and it's quick hitch compatible!

I just used a bolt and chunk of pipe for the upper pin.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All of my kits have come with a sleeve within a sleeve, could be an optical illusion in the photo because that's how they look when you buy them new.
Yeah, so, mystery (on my end) solved. Turns out that I'm super dumb and forgot that there is a thickness difference between the lower pins and the top pin. The dealer kit (I found the one I bought from the dealer) has two bushings, one inside the other, but they are different diameter than the lower pin bushings. My iMatch hook actually fits a lower pin cat 3 bushing (must be out of spec or something), but I can't use them because there's no way to get them on a top link pin (that I found anyway). So my implements always have a bit of wiggle room up top. No biggie.

Sorry for the confusion!

·
Registered
607 Posts
All three points on a quick hitch are cat 3 sized, whether the hitch is cat 1 or cat 2. The spacing changes between cat 1 and 2, but the pin diameter does not. There are two kinds of adapters to get from cat 1 to cat 3 for this purpose, some are one thick bushing and others are two-stages. The two stages are essentially adapting your cat 1 to cat 2, then cat 3.

That seemed more confusing to type than it actually is. If your connection points are loose, you may have only adapted from cat 1 to cat 2. This (at a minimum) will make a sloppy fit. Worst case scenario you lose the implement at speed.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts