Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cleaning my 1023e mower deck when I found this bolt. I checked deck and all bolts look to be intact. I'm thinking it came off tractor and not sure where from. Anybody have any ideas where I might look to see where it came from? It's about 3/4 inches long. Thanks for any info. bolt 1.jpg bolt2.jpg :dunno::usa

·
Premium Member
14,886 Posts
Guessing a lost screw while dealer was putting things together. :dunno:

Keep it , at some point you'll need one that size.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
At only 3/4 inches, it certainly isn't anything structural. Since its a carriage bolt, it is most likely from a shield or a guard. I'd look at the mower deck first but it should be fairly obvious when you find that lone open hole. :flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
A clean, unpainted 3/4" carriage bolt. I would have to assume it's off of a cover or as others have said, something non structural. If your machine is new (within the past few months) it could have been a spare which a tech dropped while prepping your tractor and it landed somewhere he didn't see or couldn't find and that it finally shook loose and fell from.

Carriage bolts rarely "come loose" on their own if they are installed correctly because of their shoulder design and also, they are often used in "blind" areas where it's difficult or impossible to get a wrench on a bolt head.

I would keep visually checking things as you get on and off and use your tractor to see if you notice something amiss or a unfilled hole, otherwise, as Gene suggested, put it in your toolbox or bolt bin as you will likely need it one day........:good2:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Check your loader mounts.

Reactions: mikdor

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like the bolt that holds the black plastic spindle covers on... I had one wiggle loose on me and found it while cleaning the deck!

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
On my x758 I found a similar length one but it was a hex head on top of my deck last time I cleaned it around 25hrs. All the bolts were in for the spindles, plastic spindle covers. No idea where it rattle from :banghead:

Reactions: FredHickory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Small cap screw

Lost one today while repairing my left side blinker light and forward ligh bracket. Has a 1/4”-20 bolt now with locking nut.
Not sure how my bolt ended up on your mower deck ( ha, ha)

Looking for rear view mirror for left side of my 1025r tractor. I drove about a mile to do some work at friends house. Hard on my neck looking behind me all the time. On the way home, got starteled by siren on fire truck wanting by me. Lucky there was room to pull over for them - thought I was going to get a ticket at first. Anyway, thinking I’ll make a mirror bracket with some 1” flat bar and cheap auto parts store mirror. Saw a picture on here that looked pretty good - even put green paint on it. ? Been a few years since I’ve been back on the forum. Got 600 hours on my 1025r now - lots of repairs due to my constant and hard usage. Mostly 54” deck belts and bearing housings. Need to get a Weed Whacker to save abuse on mid mount mower. But, like having tiller behind me - so handy to switch from mowing to tilling.

Richard Anderson
Washougal, WA

·
Registered
523 Posts
On my x758 I found a similar length one but it was a hex head on top of my deck last time I cleaned it around 25hrs. All the bolts were in for the spindles, plastic spindle covers. No idea where it rattle from :banghead:
Off topic, but look under your seat where it bolts to the frame that allows it to flip up. Found 2 of mine gone. Had found it and couldn't figure out where it went. Now that I know, I don't remember where I put it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts