Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 1025R, 120R loader, 69D MMM, grapple
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2018 1025R for 4 days and I've been going over it from top to bottom and found a joint on the seat that had been broken and welded and broken again. While digging into that I also found out that the seat suspension had been upgraded with dog toys and a Gatorade bottle. I'm guessing that the previous owner might have been a bigger guy.

IMG_20210607_095103888.jpg
IMG_20210607_095114219.jpg
IMG_20210607_100306526.jpg

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Wow :oops:

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
680 Posts
How comfortable does the seat ride? Kong does have a dual purpose!

·
Registered
998 Posts
There have been several threads about the seat bases of 1 series tractors breaking. Depending on the location of the breaks, welding may be a possible fix. Mine broke irreparably at about 800 hours. I am 150 lbs but was using the tractor daily for picking up manure in pastures, so I was up and down from the seat about 45 times every day. FYI, a horse poops about 15 times a day while grazing on grass.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lmao, That’s funny!

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There have been several threads about the seat bases of 1 series tractors breaking. Depending on the location of the breaks, welding may be a possible fix. Mine broke irreparably at about 800 hours. I am 150 lbs but was using the tractor daily for picking up manure in pastures, so I was up and down from the seat about 45 times every day. FYI, a horse poops about 15 times a day while grazing on grass.
I think a buddy can fix the weld... I hope.

·
Registered
998 Posts
If at some point the seat base is not fixable, you could take the opportunity to install an air suspension seat in its place. There is lots of info about that here. But it looks like yours is welded and should be fine.

I have spent over $500 on seat parts so far. I needed both a new back and a new seat base, at different times. If the breaks had happened together, I'd have gone the seat upgrade route then.

The lesson I learned was NOT to flop down onto the seat like it is your favorite recliner, but sit down gently like it's one of your wife's precious antique dining room chairs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lmao, That’s funny!
I thought so too, you say ingenious. Expensive dog toys are cheeper then cheep John Deere parts.
If at some point the seat base is not fixable, you could take the opportunity to install an air suspension seat in its place. There is lots of info about that here. But it looks like yours is welded and should be fine.

I have spent over $500 on seat parts so far. I needed both a new back and a new seat base, at different times. If the breaks had happened together, I'd have gone the seat upgrade route then.

The lesson I learned was NOT to flop down onto the seat like it is your favorite recliner, but sit down gently like it's one of your wife's precious antique dining room chairs.
That sounds like great advice, thanks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think a buddy can fix the weld... I hope.
I have a 2014 1025R from new the seat suspension unit was replaced twice under warranty within the first year, since then it has had the springs replaced (thanks Ken ) the part of the base that bolts onto the tractor has had large cracks welded up. The seat hinge mechanism has had to be reinforced, and will need more attention soon as the holes the hinge pin goes through are badly warn. The whole seat assembly is under designed and too lite compared to the rest of the tractor.
regards John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts