Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I posted, but I know newer members are interested in reliability tests from actual users. In the past year, the 3025E has tilled 12 acres of land, cleared snow, dragged several cord of logs and firewood, rotary cut 8 acres regularly, moved hundreds of buckets of dirt and sand during when adding a new shed and helped get the side by side unstuck. Issues: None.

The tractor continues to start reliability and is on the original battery (no special care provided). I service the tractor per the manual. I would definitely purchase another if I had to do this over again.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,689 Posts
Thanks for the update! Hours on it? What size tiller?

Reactions: Guja0501 and trav

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to write this up, especially since I'm considering one for my next tractor! Do you find the loader to have adequate lift height and capacity? What size is the rotary cutter and how does the tractor do with it?

It's always nice to hear someone still satisfied with their purchase after years of use, it can be hard to choose the right tractor and it's a big investment imo.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
In his signature:
JD 413 rotary cutter - 4'
King Kutter 5' tiller

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
How many hours did you do in 4 years?

Reactions: trav

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I didn't notice this before, but it looks like it was right after getting washed. Shiny tires (well everything really)!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nice! Looks like it's ready for the next year

·
Registered
2021 4044R CAB, Frontier L.R, Frontier R.F.M., FX110 winch, Frontier R.B., Frontier P.F., C-Line PHD
206 Posts
I must say, for quite a few reasons, I miss having my 3025e and enjoyed owing it. It more than served me well for the couple years i owned it and 238 hours I put on it without so much as a hiccup.
Every time I turned the key, it started with out fail, below 0 degrees, 90 degrees, didn't matter. I also "did not" have the block heater installed and quite often I would start it in sub zero temps after it sat outside all night. It was a really good size of tractor for many of the projects I needed it for, and also used the heck out of the 370b backhoe it came with. I bet 45% of all the hours put on it were with the backhoe, 40% with he 300e loader and the other 15% with a rear blade, landscape rake, post hole digger and towards the end, also a 60" rear finish mower. I know some will say "bigger is always better", which to a point for certain tasks, this can be true. But all in all, I felt the 3025e was a good mix of size, weight (especially once fully loading with Rimguard the larger set of rear Galaxy R4's it rolled on), not too small and light for ground engaging work, but also not too big for tighter quarters around obstacles. I guess what I'm getting at is this, I feel one would be hard pressed to get a machine that is a capable, reliable and easy to operate for the price. If garage/shop space, money and the Wife's approval weren't factors, I would still have my 3025e and the 1 series I had before it. I also will note that I also got a very good trade-in value from my dealer on it towards the 4R CAB that replaced it, possibly because of the pandemic? I can't say for sure, but I would gladly buy one, and recommend it as a great option for anyone in the market for a machine that sized in that price bracket!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.