Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back in front of a Lowes just a few miles from the Deere dealer there was a display with corn stalks pumpkins and that sort of stuff. I looked at a made or assembled in Mexico John Deere tractor that began with a 6 which was just castings bolted together with no framework. Over at the dealership, while kind of hard to figure out what is the loader and what is the tractor It sure seems tractors that begin with a 5 have frame construction. The frame type construction was one if not the main things pointed out in the brochures for the ones that began with 6 not that long ago wasn't it? Is there some logic here perhaps with the letters at the end of the four digit number?

Fran

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
My 6415 has a full frame! Any idea exactly what model you saw?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure it didn't have a made in Germany tag. I am pretty sure it said assembled in Mexico, might have said made in Mexico. I see 6D, 6M, and 6R do you think none of this series comes from Germany any more? Look at the fourth picture, you have to push little buttons to get there that looks like no frame. John Deere 6D Series Utility Tractors JohnDeere.com

As for the larger 5 series ones The ones I had a chance to look at in the dealers yard they had very thick cast metal on the sides and the loader only seemed to attach back near the cab not more on top of where the axle is as well.

Fran

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't know much about the 6 series but I do know something about the 5 series ..full frame or no frame follows the engine. The 3 & 4 cylinder tractors have a structural block while the 5 cylinder does not. However, the loader frames appear to be the same. The 5000 series is essentially built in Pune India ..with the exception of the engines and cab. The 276 (4) engine is built in Mexico... I don't know where the 179 (3) or 183 (5) is built. The second generation 5325 is a 5 cylinder as is the more recent 3rd generation 5065M & 5075M. The 5075E is a 3 cylinder. We use our 5000 series tractors exclusively for haying and loader work. They seem rather reliable, fuel efficient and capable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.