Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was tripping over my junk pile the other day and came across an old sicklebar mower. it was off a cubcadet and was laying under a pine tree covered in needles and rust. i’ve been thinking of a way to trim the brush along my driveway and after finding the mower, a plan started fermenting in my mind.

alas, frankenmower was born.
0DA53DAD-F28B-47D1-A947-AF07AA5A6C85.jpeg

i should clarify the brush is tall and overhanging. i needed to trim the mirror getters.

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Looks like something thrown together to see if it will work and it looks like it will work. Great idea mounting it on the loader, just make sure your chain can’t jump off and let the sickle bar fall past where it should fall.

Nice job.:good2:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi feasant
Do you have a break away system so that if the sickle bar catches on something it can pivot out of the way before it damages the mower or tractor? ( been there done that)
Regards John

·
Administrator
20,354 Posts
I like where you’re going with this.

We’ll need more pics as you progress. :good2:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, tested it today. i can see some revisions to the engineering plans.

it does sort of have a break away, but basically i just go real slow.

i need to cover the belt/pulleys, as the cuttings fall on top of it.

cutting low stuff not too bad, but cutting up high, the cuttings fall on top of me and tractor.:banghead:

also, i should have mounted it further to the side, as the brush rubs along the side.

everything used to build was from the scrap pile or just laying around except the quick connects. had to buy a set.

short video.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts