Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free – Diesel Fume Alarm
Slightly used, early 1960s model. Not showroom condition, but clean with good paint. Programmed to go off when her car fills with diesel fumes in enclosed garage. Refuses to park outside. Very reliable and not too bad in the kitchen. I’m the second owner and had her for over 30 years. Trade and cash considered for newer version. Delivery available. PM for details.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Free – Diesel Fume Alarm
Slightly used, early 1960s model. Not showroom condition, but clean with good paint. Programmed to go off when her car fills with diesel fumes in enclosed garage. Refuses to park outside. Very reliable and not too bad in the kitchen. I’m the second owner and had her for over 30 years. Trade and cash considered for newer version. Delivery available. PM for details.

I sense that somehow you have not shopped around for a newer model. Although at first glance, they may appear to be cosmetically more appealing, they may contain many hidden and undesirable qualities.
According to your description, and unless you have made a misrepresentation, the alarm only sounds for diesel fumes. In my experience, any newer model, or older model for that matter, is programmed to sound the alarm for a myriad of stimuli, including such mundane things as taking a nap, spending too much time on tractor sites, not being attentive, coveting old and comfortable furniture, tinkering with old cars, neglecting to bathe the dog, leaving certain garments in the dryer overnight, etc., etc. I could go on and on.

Unless you desire an alarm that will sound infinitely more often, I suggest you may want to reconsider or withdraw your offer completely. I suspect you may not fully recognize the near perfection of what you have. I considered making you an offer, since there is no diesel powered vehicles anywhere near my place, but my trade in is considerably older, and in spite of it's range of detection, has become quite comfortable.

Good luck,
Dennis

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I sense that somehow you have not shopped around for a newer model. Although at first glance, they may appear to be cosmetically more appealing, they may contain many hidden and undesirable qualities.
According to your description, and unless you have made a misrepresentation, the alarm only sounds for diesel fumes. In my experience, any newer model, or older model for that matter, is programmed to sound the alarm for a myriad of stimuli, including such mundane things as taking a nap, spending too much time on tractor sites, not being attentive, coveting old and comfortable furniture, tinkering with old cars, neglecting to bathe the dog, leaving certain garments in the dryer overnight, etc., etc. I could go on and on.

Unless you desire an alarm that will sound infinitely more often, I suggest you may want to reconsider or withdraw your offer completely. I suspect you may not fully recognize the near perfection of what you have. I considered making you an offer, since there is no diesel powered vehicles anywhere near my place, but my trade in is considerably older, and in spite of it's range of detection, has become quite comfortable.

Good luck,
Dennis
While those new models may be more cosmetically appealing, they tend to giggle a lot, are very flighty, and suffer from attention deficit disorder. However, they would likely not know diesel fumes from sweat odor. And their music tastes are horrible. Then we get to cooking, they probably could not even spell ingredient, let alone actually do any cooking.

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
While those new models may be more cosmetically appealing, they tend to giggle a lot, are very flighty, and suffer from attention deficit disorder. However, they would likely not know diesel fumes from sweat odor. And their music tastes are horrible. Then we get to cooking, they probably could not even spell ingredient, let alone actually do any cooking.

Dave
They are generally very high maintenance; although that is not a characteristic exclusively exhibited by the newer models, as I can confidently attest.

·
Premium Member
7,670 Posts
OxPath, I suggest you live on the edge and go without such alarms regardless of age and/or condition.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is correct, I have not shopped around. Before looking at newer models, I wanted to gauge the value, if any, of the trade.​

According to your description, and unless you have made a misrepresentation, the alarm only sounds for diesel fumes.

If not listing all the optional alarm modes is considered misrepresentation, I suppose I did. No harm was intended and I don't think I acted illegally as I'm not selling ... I'm begging.​

In my experience, any newer model, or older model for that matter, is programmed to sound the alarm for a myriad of stimuli, including such mundane things as taking a nap, spending too much time on tractor sites, not being attentive, coveting old and comfortable furniture, tinkering with old cars, neglecting to bathe the dog, leaving certain garments in the dryer overnight, etc., etc. I could go on and on.

What? There are others like mine? I was promised by my FIL that I was getting a patented, one-off model. He and I need to have a talk.​

Ouch! This really hit home and I feel awful that I made my original post. I will reconsider and edit my offer.​

Free – Diesel Fume Alarm
Slightly used, early 1960s model. Not showroom condition, but clean with good paint. Programmed to go off when her car fills with diesel fumes in enclosed garage. Optional alarm modes available. Refuses to park outside. Very reliable and not too bad in the kitchen. I’m the second owner and had her for over 30 years. I will not consider trades. Delivery available and no returns accepted. PM for details.​

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OxPath, I suggest you live on the edge and go without such alarms regardless of age and/or condition.
That's sort of what I'm thinking. How hard can it be to learn how to cook?

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Well, we do have a GTT Cookbook, where you can get recipes.

I suspect this is a huge joke, but I too suggest you plan on no alarm. By the time an alarm get to be of the vintage that yours is, they have come to the realization that it isn't worth buying an entire hog, for a little sausage! :mocking::tongue::bye:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, we do have a GTT Cookbook, where you can get recipes.

I suspect this is a huge joke, but I too suggest you plan on no alarm. By the time an alarm get to be of the vintage that yours is, they have come to the realization that it isn't worth buying an entire hog, for a little sausage! :mocking::tongue::bye:
:flag_of_truce: Yes. It's a joke. I'm married to my high school sweetheart, whom I love today as much as ever. I am very happy and content and my life would not be complete without her. She'll eventually learn to appreciate the diesel fumes ... just as she did the little sausage. :laugh:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:flag_of_truce: Yes. It's a joke. I'm married to my high school sweetheart, whom I love today as much as ever. I am very happy and content and my life would not be complete without her. She'll eventually learn to appreciate the diesel fumes ... just as she did the little sausage. :laugh:
I suspected as much! You do have a fun way with words though! :lol:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Cooking for newlyweds:

"Slit cover over vegetables, cook on High for 4 minutes. Stir vegetables, rearrainge meat, cook on High 2 minutes. Allow 2 minutes standing time. Use care, cooked food may be hot!"

Microwave Oven, man's finest invention since the dishwasher! Remember Guys, less wife time wasted in the kitchen means more snuggly couch time during the game...!

(Oh what utter BS!):laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,670 Posts
That's sort of what I'm thinking. How hard can it be to learn how to cook?
Cook? What's that? I'm a junk food junkie and as long as Lay's and other companies make ready to eat crap, I'm good to go. If I want something half-ass decent, then I go to a pub-grub place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts