Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[copy/paste from promotional email]

There’s never a better time to stock up for spring than now with GreenFarmParts! We’re happy to offer free shipping starting this Thursday, March 14th and going thru Sunday March 17th. This applies sitewide on all non-oversized products.

Make sure to use promo code SHIPONGFP when checking out to get free shipping on your order.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just wondering if this is the time to order the suitcase weights. I can picture my UPS guy with a few on his cart, at my garage door. Not worried about package thief. They don’t look “ Oversize” to me......

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wondering if this is the time to order the suitcase weights. I can picture my UPS guy with a few on his cart, at my garage door. Not worried about package thief. They don’t look “ Oversize” to me......
UPS delivered the ones I ordered from Home Depot a few years ago (when they were something like $30). Each weight was in its own perfectly fitting box. They are not oversize or overweight.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The promotion worked with the suitcase weights, atleast while theyr'e sitting in the cart. Don't know if they'd cancel the order or not. Six, 70lb weights, has to be about $400 in shipping. Yeah I've got a whole set sitting in my cart. Debating on going through with it.:munch:

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
The promotion worked with the suitcase weights, atleast while theyr'e sitting in the cart. Don't know if they'd cancel the order or not. Six, 70lb weights, has to be about $400 in shipping. Yeah I've got a whole set sitting in my cart. Debating on going through with it.:munch:
I say do it, guess if they classify the entire order weight as overweight, you could place 6 separate orders.

Good luck.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Both local dealers have them in stock for $99/each, plus tax. They're only $101/each at GreenFarmParts, which is associated with AHW, which happens to be one of the local to me dealers.

It's gonna be cheaper for me, to get them from the local dealer ($648 local vs. $724 during this promotion).

GreenFarmParts will get ya for oversize shipping, atleast on the 70lb weights.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh....I went to place a small order and it won't take my info to log in. I don't want to go through changing my password with "lost your password?" because I didn't loose my password - simple as that.

Guess I will try again tomorrow......

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
With Free Shipping do you lose the GTT discount?

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Ugh....I went to place a small order and it won't take my info to log in. I don't want to go through changing my password with "lost your password?" because I didn't loose my password - simple as that.

Guess I will try again tomorrow......
How did you make out? I had the same problem when trying to login today. I just went ahead and reset my password and all was well.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Both local dealers have them in stock for $99/each, plus tax. They're only $101/each at GreenFarmParts, which is associated with AHW, which happens to be one of the local to me dealers.

It's gonna be cheaper for me, to get them from the local dealer ($648 local vs. $724 during this promotion).

GreenFarmParts will get ya for oversize shipping, atleast on the 70lb weights.
It might just be me but I wouldn't have thought for a minute that their free shipping promo would have cover suitcase weights. The email they sent mentioned "This applies sitewide on all non-oversized products." Perhaps they should have been more specific about over sized AND over weight items being excluded.

My understanding of the spirit of the promo is it basically gives you free shipping on purchases less than $49.99. Over $49.99 and you always get free shipping - EXCEPT for over-sized and over-weight items.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
How did you make out? I had the same problem when trying to login today.
I just went ahead and reset my password and all was well.
I feel MANY on-line retailers use the "your password is incorrect" statement to get you to upgrade to a more secure type of password.

You are forced to have the "replacement" password have a Cap letter, numb0r,, and a swear word character,,, [#[email protected]*&^], +plus more,,,

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
I feel MANY on-line retailers use the "your password is incorrect" statement to get you to upgrade to a more secure type of password.

You are forced to have the "replacement" password have a Cap letter, numb0r,, and a swear word character,,, [#[email protected]*&^], +plus more,,,
Maybe... but in the case of GTT I was able to re-enter my previous password as the "new" password. :)

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How did you make out? I had the same problem when trying to login today. I just went ahead and reset my password and all was well.
Still no joy for me. I guess I will stop being stubborn and do the password reset thing.

I only have a $15 order for 2 oil filters but to buy a Napa Gold (Wix) equivalent locally costs $12 for one.

·
Registered
572 Posts
It might just be me but I wouldn't have thought for a minute that their free shipping promo would have cover suitcase weights. The email they sent mentioned "This applies sitewide on all non-oversized products." Perhaps they should have been more specific about over sized AND over weight items being excluded.

My understanding of the spirit of the promo is it basically gives you free shipping on purchases less than $49.99. Over $49.99 and you always get free shipping - EXCEPT for over-sized and over-weight items.
It might just be you.

It's always worth a try, to score a deal. I don't pretend to assume about the spirit of the promo.

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I've tried to reset my password twice now - this is the message I get when entering my new password -

This key is invalid or has already been used. Please reset your password again if needed.
This key is invalid or has already been used. Please reset your password again if needed.

I give up.

I'll try the Purolator brand from Advance Auto this time around since I get a decent discount ordering online for pickup in store.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Free shippiing?

I tried to order two outside mirrors today, site stated free shipping for orders over $49.00, went to check out shipping was added to the order, total $232.58 shipping was $35.68 for two mirrors $196.90? Tried the online messaging, but never received a reply? Checked Amazon the same items $196.90 and shipping wasn't added as in free, from another dealer. Amazon is just too easy!

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
I tried to order two outside mirrors today, site stated free shipping for orders over $49.00, went to check out shipping was added to the order, total $232.58 shipping was $35.68 for two mirrors $196.90? Tried the online messaging, but never received a reply? Checked Amazon the same items $196.90 and shipping wasn't added as in free, from another dealer. Amazon is just too easy!
What was the style/part number of the mirror?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mirror kit

Original equipment mirror kit #LVB24844

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Original equipment mirror kit #LVB24844
That is certainly a strange one as those mirrors qualify for free shipping even without the promotion (see below).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts