Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was ready to order

That was what I saw, was ready to order filled in the fields on the left (deleted for the screen shot) had credit card out, but stopped when I saw shipping almost $36? Did you try to purchase, you can stop before adding a credit card? Might have been my location?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
That was what I saw, was ready to order filled in the fields on the left (deleted for the screen shot) had credit card out, but stopped when I saw shipping almost $36? Did you try to purchase, you can stop before adding a credit card? Might have been my location?
Perhaps. Might have been worth calling them for an explanation. Although I recall you saying you ordered them elsewhere.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I did call........

I did call, but didn't want to wait for a callback, needed to mow. I used their message board, but never received a reply, usually message board are immediately answered. I found on Amazon for the same price with free shipping from another dealer. I've read in other threads about trouble with the same company?

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
I did call, but didn't want to wait for a callback, needed to mow. I used their message board, but never received a reply, usually message board are immediately answered. I found on Amazon for the same price with free shipping from another dealer. I've read in other threads about trouble with the same company?
Overall I think GFP has been excellent. I have been dealing with them for 7 years and literally buy everything for my tractor from them. They had an episode about a year ago (?) where they were taking forever to ship orders and weren't responding to emails or phone calls. A lot of folks were getting upset. Then, just like flipping a switch, they were back to their normal routine with things shipping out quickly.

I've had no complaints on my end. On two separate orders I received damaged items (a rusty oil filter and a 7/8" bolt with damaged threads) and in both cases I contacted them and they quickly sent me a replacement.

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Overall I think GFP has been excellent. I have been dealing with them for 7 years and literally buy everything for my tractor from them. They had an episode about a year ago (?) where they were taking forever to ship orders and weren't responding to emails or phone calls. A lot of folks were getting upset. Then, just like flipping a switch, they were back to their normal routine with things shipping out quickly.

I've had no complaints on my end. On two separate orders I received damaged items (a rusty oil filter and a 7/8" bolt with damaged threads) and in both cases I contacted them and they quickly sent me a replacement.
I have also used them exclusively. But when I can’t log in no matter what I have tried I can’t place an order. Seems that I am the only one having this issue however....

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I saw Stan's thread and needed maintenance items so I ordered them on Sunday.
I also saw that $50 qualified for free shipping and I didn't forget to use the GTT discount.
Received everything Tuesday (had it shipped to my employ).
That's darn quick for the free ride.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do they no longer give the GTT discount?

I just placed an order and found no place to put in for it.
I called after I placed the order and asked (on the answering machine) and they never returned the call.
I also asked at the bottom of the order.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Do they no longer give the GTT discount?

I just placed an order and found no place to put in for it.
I called after I placed the order and asked (on the answering machine) and they never returned the call.
I also asked at the bottom of the order.
I just went in and added an item to my cart. The area to add the coupon code was right at the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Since I started this thread and reported my issues with being able to log in numerous times and couldn’t get the site to successfully change my password -

Yesterday I took the time to selectively remove cookies from my browser (Chrome on my PC) that were from GFP only. I hate removing all cookies as then I have to log in to every site I frequent for what seems like forever.

It worked. After removing the cookies I went to the site and did the “forgot your password” deal. Created a new password - they make you use a minimum of 12 mixed characters - and then logged in successfully.

So it was a rogue bad cookie of some type that was causing my problems. Too bad I missed the free shipping deal however - I still need to get just a couple filters before the end of summer. Hopefully they will run this special again.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Off topic but for future reference, if you're on a PC you can hold down the 'alt' key, hit the print screen button and it will take a screen shot of the active window and put it on the clipboard. Open the paint program of you choice and do a paste. Without the alt key you'll get a screen capture of the entire display.

I now return the thread to its original topic.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
So it was a rogue bad cookie of some type that was causing my problems. Too bad I missed the free shipping deal however - I still need to get just a couple filters before the end of summer. Hopefully they will run this special again.
As long as your order is over $49.99 you will still get free shipping (it never hurts to have a couple extra filters). :)

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Thanks GFP for great sales and quick shipping! Now I can get my zturn serviced today and ready to mow. Starting to grow fast and gonna have to mow soon.

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts