Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a good friends whose Dad was a real railroad aficionado. He actually had a real restored train engine on his property and was looking to restore this handcar before he passed away. The handcar below is is great shape, I know little else about it but I know it has great possibilities if you Google handcar and look at the pictures.Easy access and it is going FREE to someone who wants a cool winter project. It needs to be gone in 1 week since the property is being sold. Located in South Jersey.

IMG_7341.jpg

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
To prevent confusion I closed that thread and moved this one into that forum. :good2:

If you weren't so far away I'd love to fix it up. You might check around for any model railroad clubs in the area, they could probably help find someone that would keep it from getting scrapped.

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
To prevent confusion I closed that thread and moved this one into that forum. :good2:

If you weren't so far away I'd love to fix it up. You might check around for any model railroad clubs in the area, they could probably help find someone that would keep it from getting scrapped.
...or, Steamtown National Park in Scranton, PA.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
...or, Steamtown National Park in Scranton, PA.
they were interested....4-6 weeks to process a donation....still looking for a better option.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Great piece. First thought:

Work for the railroad do ya grandpa?

I work for no man.

Gotta name do ya?

I have no name.

Well that right there may be why you've had difficulty finding gameful
employment, ya see....

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
they were interested....4-6 weeks to process a donation....still looking for a better option.
That just sounds crazy. You are just giving it to them. Either they want it or they don't.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That just sounds crazy. You are just giving it to them. Either they want it or they don't.
One would think it would be that easy...iot's a national PArk, and as we well know, that means a lot of unnecessary and expensive procedure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts