Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 1025r
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a out there question. Does the front axel and transmission share oil? I think not but curious

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
No. The oil is changed and added separate. However both use hy guard. In my climate, low vis hy guard.

·
Registered
2019 1025r
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Levi and Firemark

·
Premium Member
17,175 Posts
The older models used 80-90w gear oil Then switched to low viscosity
I need to check my manual because I need to chg mine in the 1025

·
Registered
302 Posts
now you got me on the weight, I gotta dig the 1026R book out again tody. It currently has same s the trans. You know, maybe that trans oil is easier to clen up off the flor when he tractor decides to piddle out the front axle seals. :oops:

·
Premium Member
12,135 Posts
now you got me on the weight, I gotta dig the 1026R book out again tody. It currently has same s the trans. You know, maybe that trans oil is easier to clen up off the flor when he tractor decides to piddle out the front axle seals. :oops:
No doubt its going to "piddle" with the thinner Low Vis sooner than it would with 80w/90w................My front axle runs the Low Vis also.........

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
I saw on another thread a guy posted a replacement for the 1025 front axle dip stick. It had a breather vent. I did some searching and it seems that a pressure build up from the oil getting hot can cause the seals to leak. Some videos on home brew front axle venting are also interesting. The only place so far I’ve seen this replacement vented dipstick was the GTT members eBay post. It’s $60.00 on eBay. I’m not on eBay since I moved so would like to find where to get it. Any thoughts guys? Sounds like added protection that could lengthen seal life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts