Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I noticed a small amount of Hydraulic fluid under the right front gear case. The very bottom of the gear case was wet with Hydraulic fluid. I looked around but nothing stood out. The tractor is still under warranty so I wasn't to concerned. Yesterday I had some free time and decided to pull the front right wheel and tire and if it was something simple just fix it. I first looked in the repair manual for a picture of what parts I was going to find what I saw was the gear case has 'cover' with eight bolts so that would be my first look , so I got the torque setting for the bolts and thought I'd just verify. Before I put the wrench on the first bolt I grab it with my finger, it was finger loose, out of the eight bolts four were loose. I backed off the 4 that were tight and I retorqued the bolts in a 'star' pattern to the setting noted in the repair manual (20 lb-ft) and I also rechecked the left front, that was good. This tractor is not used hard and has less than 50 hrs. Has anyone had a similar problem? Or was this quality control failure? Monday morning?
Thanks, be safe.
Ron

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
About a week ago I noticed a small amount of Hydraulic fluid under the right front gear case. The very bottom of the gear case was wet with Hydraulic fluid. I looked around but nothing stood out. The tractor is still under warranty so I wasn't to concerned. Yesterday I had some free time and decided to pull the front right wheel and tire and if it was something simple just fix it. I first looked in the repair manual for a picture of what parts I was going to find what I saw was the gear case has 'cover' with eight bolts so that would be my first look , so I got the torque setting for the bolts and thought I'd just verify. Before I put the wrench on the first bolt I grab it with my finger, it was finger loose, out of the eight bolts four were loose. I backed off the 4 that were tight and I retorqued the bolts in a 'star' pattern to the setting noted in the repair manual (20 lb-ft) and I also rechecked the left front, that was good. This tractor is not used hard and has less than 50 hrs. Has anyone had a similar problem? Or was this quality control failure? Monday morning?
Thanks, be safe.
Ron
I neglected to mention that it's a 1023e.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts