Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had the tractor a short while and only used my loader twice so the whole tractor is new. I am a mechanic so noises really get my attention and I accidentally left it in 4x4 on my way back to the house and I notice it was humming a little from the front so I put it in 4x2 and the noise quieted down. So when I got in the garage I raised the front tires off of the ground with the loader and spun the front tires by hand and there is noise from the front axle when I spin them. Can anyone else tell me if when they spin their front wheels is it super quiet or is there like a gear mesh/ bearing type noise.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have a 2320 and I can immediately tell if it's in 4X4. There is a noise difference.

Oh........by the way.........:wgtt:

Welcome from the top of the county. What part of the state do you live?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The noise does get quieter in 4x2 and do also still hear something which is what I hear when I raise the front wheels and spin them
Oh and I am from northern maine as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I hope its normal I guess someone would have to jack theirs up in front and see if theirs is n7ce and queit or some growling

·
Administrator
20,894 Posts
What tractor do you own?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
PM sent

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
I can check our 2320 out tonight if you like but not sure it's apples to apples.
I do agree with sterling40man's statements, 2320 vs 2320.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
My 1026 makes a noise when the front end is off of the ground & the wheels turned by hand.
With all of the gears involved in a 4x4 front axle, I do not see how there would not be a noise of some type.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
Kchasse, As others stated, same goes for the 2320. If yours sounds a little too much maybe you could check the oil and if it checks out ok it's probably just fine.

·
Administrator
20,894 Posts
Noise is normal. Excessive noise makes metal shavings. To put your mind at ease, change the front axle fluid.
Good idea. Cheap too.:good2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts