Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The area around my battery is eaten up with rust and deterioration. Looked at the part and it is like $500. Has anyone run into this and what did you do to fix/repair this area. I have heard that the acid from batteries is what causes this and you need to run sealed batteries. What can I do to help my 2210? :greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
Our 2008 2320 was showing signs of the very same issue. I cleaned it up and sprayed the plate with Fluid Film, jury is still out but it appears to have help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was planning the same thing. Maybe a nice piece of stainless in there would eliminate the corrosion issue. I will take some pics and add them soon. The paint is flaking off pretty bad and the metal seems to be thinner now than when new. Bought this second hand and believe they left it outside.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Use a household baking soda and water mix to neutralize the acid and stop the corrosion of anything associated with it. Make sure your battery is bolted down firmly to lower vibratory damage to the battery itself. Fix the battery mounting by whatever means, and make sure the battery itself is bolted/mounted securely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
More

Should us new owners put some sort of plastic tray under battery? Seems that would help?
Hap

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
Should us new owners put some sort of plastic tray under battery? Seems that would help?
Hap
Probably wouldn't hurt. You could also glue a penny or two to the top of the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts