Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Makeover of the front bedroom.

This is the last of the 3 bedrooms getting a makeover.
The wall color didn't look too bad when the trim was up. The color is actually lighter than it looks in the photo. Mrs.FW removed the trim, baseboard and upper border.
IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

We removed the carpet and had the floors installed a couple months ago.
IMG_0837.jpg

Mrs.FW wants one wall covered in ship lap, so I removed the sheet-rock and installed insulation. The insulation is for sound deadening between this room and the next.

A couple weeks ago, I stained the ship lap.
IMG_1764.JPG

IMG_1763.JPG

This morning, I installed the ship lap.
IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

The other three walls will be painted a very light color. The ship lap will be trimmed in a gloss white, as is the door and window trim, and the base boards.

More to come.

·
Premium Member
14,705 Posts

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
:munch::munch:..............:bigthumb::bigthumb::laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Looks good flyweight. :thumbup1gif:
Is there anything you don't do?

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Back to work on the front bedroom.

The 4 photos below show what I did about three weeks ago.

Base boards and door trim painted.

After Mrs.FW painted the walls, I installed the base boards and door trim.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is what I did this afternoon. Quarter-rounds installed and calking applied.

Mrs.FW will apply another coat of pain on the base boars, door trim and quarter-round, then I'll stain and install the trim around the ship-lap wall.

Attachments

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mrs.FW finished painting the front bedroom yesterday morning. I installed the ship-lap wall molding, then helped her move the bed and night stand back in place.
I'll need to pick up blinds for the window, and a curtain rod for the new curtains she bought a while back. She'll also be buying new pillows for the bed.

She want's me to sand, prime and paint the bed's headboard a light color. :banghead: As it is now, it doesn't stand-out against the stained ship-lap wall, which is slightly darker than the wall's(early american) stain.

When I get a chance, I need to install the closet by-fold doors.

Oh! One other thing. She wants the ceiling fan replace. Says it doesn't match the decor.

Work, work, work.............. It keeps me out of trouble.:good2:

Attachments

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Curtain rod and curtains were put up last evening.

New pillows were placed on the bed. (I told her to remove the tag from the sheets)

Closet doors were cut to size and installed a few minutes ago.

Mrs.FW is shopping for a replacement ceiling fan(to her liking) and items to go with the decor, to dress up the walls.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
:bigthumb: it looks all good-flyweight--

any names for this bedroom- u know-like how they named the ones in the White House?:munch: it could maybe be the rustic western room-:hide:

·
Premium Member
14,705 Posts
P r e t t y just plain pretty..

Good job.:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Awesome. Great job. It’s so satisfying when you can do everything yourself. Not to mention the money saved
2 thumbs up :good2:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any names for this bedroom- u know-like how they named the ones in the White House?:munch:
Good question, Jim. :good2:

Yep, we have a official name. We call it, wait for it............. drum roll, please, the "Front Bedroom". :laugh: :lol:

Of course, it also has other names. Before our kids left home(thank goodness):lol: , it was our daughter's room, so we called it Kelli's Room. :mocking: Now it's the Front Bedroom.
When our youngest granddaughter comes to stay overnight, we call it Jane's Room. :thumbup1gif:

The room across the hall way was our son's room, so we called it Bubba's Room. Now, we call it the Back Bedroom. :mocking: When our oldest granddaughter come to stay overnight, we call it Chloe's Room . :thumbup1gif:

Sometimes, when the wife and I speak of the two room, we call them the Guest Rooms.

We'd let the two dogs stay in each of those rooms, but they don't clean up after themselves, so Mrs.FW says it's a no-go for them.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts