Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I used my tractor to unload some stuff I was delivered, I found 2 small puddles of oil. The oil was pretty clean and I could not see a drip so I put off looking for it today. I thin the front seal on the driveshaft is leaking or the engine is leaking above the driveshaft. With how clean the oil is, i think its front diff fluid. In searching for the leak on the motor, I found an antifreeze leak. I am a bit disappointed.

The rubber seal around the fro t driveshaft looks dry rotted and cracked. Odd as its only 2 years old and is kept inside.

The pictures are not the best as it was hard to take them under the tractor.

Sent via TapaTalk from a hunting blind near you. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Is it still under warranty? Does it appear to be the timing gear cover leaking antifreeze? There is a thread about HERE on TBN Is it the pinion seal on the front axle?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have yet to see antifreeze on the ground and its hard to see if the leak is coming from the hose or the timing chain cover.

I am going to call the dealer and report the issue, but I do not want to trailer it in now with all the salt on the roads.

That link sucks to read. My unit is a 2010 and I did not get it until September, so I have time.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
2 year warranty was up Sept 2012. :(
Sorry to hear that Brian. You wouldn't think that things like this would start so soon. I wonder if JD would do something about it since it is only 4 months out of warranty and only 28 months since you bought it!

How many hours do you have on it?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hours are under 200 and my dealer has made some contacts and an offer. Its still not going to be cheap if its the leak we think it is. My serial number does not pull up the DTAC from the link above.

I plan to clean up the leak and tighten the hose you see in the pictures before we go too far. :empathy3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.