Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2015 5045e
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a busy day for me.

Took the bucket down to the welder to get Ken's hooks welded on. Yes, I bought the bolt in ones and then changed my mind. I'm terrible at making decisions.

As soon as I dropped the bucket off I got a text that my rock bucket grapple came in! So I had to go get that while the bucket was getting welded together.

So it's been a busy Friday for my front end loader!

It's going to rain for the next week so I won't be able to use anything much. We need rain, but why now??!?!

Registered
Nice grapple. Can't wait to see some action shots of it.

Premium Member
That鈥檚 bitchin! You have my attention.

Premium Member
That looks like it will be great on rocks.
I wish we were getting the rain. I have brush pile to burn.

Registered
2015 5045e
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay rain never came. Some biscuit... I run off rainwater, really would have liked to get a few thousand gallons.

Swapped out the hydraulic fittings and connected it all up now, that's a heavy son of a gun! Picked my first rock out, front tires look flat because of the weight. You let that drop a little bit and stop it the rear wheels get real light. And they're full! I didn't think I was going to need ballast back there but, as usual, I was wrong.

You can see my land, this guy's going to get a lot of good use.

Registered
I do not have a grapple for my 5055E yet, but an adapter for my skidsteer grapples is in my future. Found a cat 2 ballast box for $100, filled it with cast iron, railroad track, and portland. Came to 2,580 lbs including box weight. Deere says significantly more with no cab and no rear wheel weights. I scooped some sand with my 5055e with the box on and it makes a very big difference, both in dig power(traction) and weight(balance) when front bucket is loaded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.