Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about getting a front end loader assembly for my 2305 to expand it's usefulness. Just had a section of land bushogged and have two piles of branches and limbs. One pile has to be moved about 30 feet before it can be burned. The other one is down by the bayou and won't be burned due to my hoses not being that long. That one will have to be moved piecemeal as I'm getting to old to try it in one go. And just had a 1000 gallon septic system installed as the old one went bad. I'm now the proud owner of about 6 yards of clay and dirt and no way no how am I even going to even entertain any thoughts of shoveling it. Anything I need to know about front end loaders?, ballast box?. Thanks Frank

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have a 2305 and FEL with ballast box and have done many projects like what you planning to do. I like using the ballast box because you have a lot of weight taking up space behind the tractor but I if you have a box blade that works to. For moving brush I have a set of pallet forks from Artillian I think I use them more than the bucket and it is a great product.

Doug

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,958 Posts
The 2305 was available with the 200CX loader when bought new. But the 200CX may no longer be available, My bet is the H130 is available with the correct brackets for the 2305. Who knows, maybe the H120 is too. You'll want to talk to your salesman and see if there's the correct mounting brackets available for your tractor. I was unable to find that info on JD's site.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
FEL best wheelbarrow known to man, you will love it and is a great add on for your tractor...ballast box is a must!!

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
The 2305 was available with the 200CX loader when bought new. But the 200CX may no longer be available, My bet is the H130 is available with the correct brackets for the 2305. Who knows, maybe the H120 is too. You'll want to talk to your salesman and see if there's the correct mounting brackets available for your tractor. I was unable to find that info on JD's site.
I am in the same position as you. I am looking to add a FEL to my 2305 as well.

I went to the build it yourself section of the JD site and according to it the H130 replaces the obsolete 200CX.

There has been some posts regarding the parking stands and clearence on some of the new loaders so I am curious if anyone else has put a H130 on a 2305 and what the fit is like. The issues I've read were with the new 1 series, not the 2305. I think they are on the 3rd generation of the parking stand now.

I have sent Mutton Power Equipment a message asking them to give me a quote. They advertise free shipping and no sales tax.

The FEL is a great tool. I don't know where my head was when I bought my tractor but it probably had something to do with a conversation with my wife and the budget.....

·
Administrator
18,463 Posts
Here is what the H130 brackets look like for the 2305:
h130-2305.jpg

Mounting Frames (2305 Tractors)
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
114M7299Flange Nut4 M12
2W51614Self-Locking Screw14 12M X 35mm
3AW33249Tie Bar1
4AW33866Frame1 RH
5AW33867Frame1 LH

When you get a quote, please be sure your getting a ballast box as well.

Reactions: xoted

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,037 Posts
Frank46, rtgt,
The tractor was the beginning...................you may as well plan on buying a set of forks also.............or maybe not.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Lots of people seem to love the ballest box, but I'm not a fan. Seems clunky as well as more inside space to take up. The 4 100# suitcase weights were free to me so that is part of why I like the Omni system. The Omni Transformer is super handy to have on and when I need the weight I just hang the suitcase weights on it for extra ballest. I'm sure either way has its selling points, but I'm a way bigger fan of the Omni hitch way. Just my $.02.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Frank46, rtgt,
The tractor was the beginning...................you may as well plan on buying a set of forks also.............or maybe not.
If you do I bet they get double the use the bucket does. I know mine do. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Lots of people seem to love the ballest box, but I'm not a fan. Seems clunky as well as more inside space to take up. The 4 100# suitcase weights were free to me so that is part of why I like the Omni system. The Omni Transformer is super handy to have on and when I need the weight I just hang the suitcase weights on it for extra ballest. I'm sure either way has its selling points, but I'm a way bigger fan of the Omni hitch way. Just my $.02.

636 - I agree with you. To me the ballast box has limited use. If you were just gonna use forks, I could see using a BB. I use a loader for dirt. I had a loader on my 2210. Using the loader I either had a box blade or pulverizer on. The pulverizer was almost the max weight the 3pt could lift. I made a bracket for my box blade to hang my weights on.

As far as the forks go......I'd have them in a minute if I had the $. I've got the budget master (also known as the wife) to agree with the loader. Once she see's that it is useful (for projects she wants done) then maybe I'll have the opportunity to expand its capabilities. :thumbup1gif:

Unlike the loader, the forks are easy to add after the purchase. The loader is too, but it would have been easier to finance it all togeather at the lower interest rate.

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Frank46, rtgt,
Gizmo,

My wife didn't understand that tractors have "accessories". She thought it was like a car. You buy it, you drive it.

Later I explained it is more like a Jeep. This she understood, since ours went from stock to holy crap you're gonna go over that! She is also realizing that there is another similarity:

Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket !

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I initially started looking at tractors, my dealer told me that ordering a loader by itself is a pain because you may have to wait to get it. Reason being that when JD makes them they are usually to be paired with a tractor and therefore they don't make too many and "extras" which usually leads to you waiting (sometimes months) until you get a loader. Dunno if it's true or not. I have seen them occasionally on Craigslist thought.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
I have a 2305 and FEL with ballast box and have done many projects like what you planning to do. I like using the ballast box because you have a lot of weight taking up space behind the tractor but I if you have a box blade that works to. For moving brush I have a set of pallet forks from Artillian I think I use them more than the bucket and it is a great product.

Doug
Hey there Doug and Company,

Sorry to intrude, but much thanks for the kudos everyone. Doug, I see you have one of the early versions. It's great to see them alive and well. You're an Artillian veteran!

Good luck with your loader acquisitions Frank and rtgt. I hope you will be able to get all of the parts needed. It's hard to believe it would be a problem. Consider also checking with Green Farm Parts (a GTT vendor) as a possible resource. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Have you guys received any quotes for the FEL for your 2305? I suspect you will be unhappy with the numbers. I know this sounds extreme, but I think I would consider looking for a complete tractor. Depending on the stats on the 2 tractors (if they are both 2305) you could move the FEL if need be and sell the remaining machine.

I bought my 2305 w/FEL and 62C mower with mulching kit, chains, filled tires, wheel weights, and ballast box. I paid $8500. Looking at local ads around here, I could probably get $5500 for just the tractor if I advertised it well. The mower and FEL would cost far more than $3000.

I would give it some thought.

Lee

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Have you guys received any quotes for the FEL for your 2305? I suspect you will be unhappy with the numbers. I know this sounds extreme, but I think I would consider looking for a complete tractor. Depending on the stats on the 2 tractors (if they are both 2305) you could move the FEL if need be and sell the remaining machine.

I bought my 2305 w/FEL and 62C mower with mulching kit, chains, filled tires, wheel weights, and ballast box. I paid $8500. Looking at local ads around here, I could probably get $5500 for just the tractor if I advertised it well. The mower and FEL would cost far more than $3000.

I would give it some thought.

Lee
Lee,

To answer your first question, no I haven't received a quote from Mutton yet. I have sent them a PM and left thier sales dept 2 voice messages. They list the loader (H130) on thier website at $2,800.00. On the JD website, build it yourself page, the loader comes to $3,3xx.00. My local dealer has quoted $3,100.00.

I have more than considered selling my machine, I have listed it. I haven't received any offers.

There are few problems selling tractor only.
1) JD is competition. They are offering 0% interest. Most people don't have cash to just buy a tractor and will have to finance it. Why pay interest on used equipment when you can buy new for 0%.

2) Kubota is competition - same 0%, and lower cost than JD green.

3) On the used market, our high $ green toys aren't worth as much as you would expect. Two JD dealers have baulked at taking my tractor in on trade. (One outright said that he didn't want it / couldn't sell it.) They both said they weren't worth what I owe on it and that even if they got it at thier low trade price, they would have problems selling it. (my tractor is 3 yrs old, in great condition, and low hours.) One dealer has a 2720 that he said he would give me a great price on, but wouldn't take my 2305 in trade.

4) Without a loader, there isn't much interest in the tractor. Tractor only - no interest at all. (I've got a great rear mount finish mower that I don't want to sell.)

I would love to get a new / bigger tractor for a couple reasons: I am at a point that I need a loader for some dirt work for our new property. I recently bought a rotary cutter and after the fact found out that the PTO on my tractor (despite having the "new" transmission case) is still weak and rotary cutter impact could grenade my transmission. However, I'm not going to take a beating and loose my butt selling / trading a tractor that isn't worth what I paid for it just to trade into a tractor with a loader. :nunu:

For now I have to bite the bullet and get the loader I need. The cutter is stored in the back of the shop awaiting a real tractor to pull it. Once I have the loader maybe at some time later down the road I will be able to sell the unit at a decent price and I can go get a real tractor. Next time I won't make the mistake of thinking I can add attachments later. For now, I'll just make due with my overgrown / overprice garden tractor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At this point I have not questioned the dealer (only 2 here and owned by the same people) as to how much all this is going to cost. I just may take a ride into town and ask the local equipment place what they have available to do what I want. Both trash piles are pretty big and I only have a small two wheeled cart to move this stuff around. I'd need something like a bobcat that has the two piece grabber type shovel. I thought the septic tank guy was kidding me when he said I'd have a lot of dirt left over from the installation. I'd say 6 yards was a conservative estimate. Most of the branches are way longer than my little cart. Only accessory I have for the 2395 is the 4' rake which suprised me at how much junk can be raked up. But I'm thinking it would work better with the belly mower off the machine. This land sat uncut for about two year and due to some of the trees (pecan being one) shedding their branches. There are a lot of tree limbs out there. Figured I'd get all the junk in one big pile and burn it all up. Course I'd be sitting there with a cold one and a hose. Should bure pretty good as its pretty dry. Frank

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
At this point I have not questioned the dealer (only 2 here and owned by the same people) as to how much all this is going to cost. I just may take a ride into town and ask the local equipment place what they have available to do what I want. Both trash piles are pretty big and I only have a small two wheeled cart to move this stuff around. I'd need something like a bobcat that has the two piece grabber type shovel. I thought the septic tank guy was kidding me when he said I'd have a lot of dirt left over from the installation. I'd say 6 yards was a conservative estimate. Most of the branches are way longer than my little cart. Only accessory I have for the 2395 is the 4' rake which suprised me at how much junk can be raked up. But I'm thinking it would work better with the belly mower off the machine. This land sat uncut for about two year and due to some of the trees (pecan being one) shedding their branches. There are a lot of tree limbs out there. Figured I'd get all the junk in one big pile and burn it all up. Course I'd be sitting there with a cold one and a hose. Should bure pretty good as its pretty dry. Frank
If you don't think you have a long term need/use for a loader, renting a peice of equipment to get done what you need is a good idea.

However, a loader is a great tool and once you have one you will be amazed at all of the things you can come up with to use it for....

This begs the question, knowing this, why didn't I get mine with a loader...... :nunu::unknown: I knew better....but I listened to the supid little SOB on my other shoulder call common sense.... In Montana we needed a snow blade & blower more than a loader and the budget wouldn't support all three.

Installing the loader isn't hard if you have some basic mech skills and a trailer to get it home with. If you have a trailer, have them load it so that you can drive up to it once you have the masts on the tractor, hook up the hydralics and get-r-done.

Near as I can tell we are looking at about 3 grand, plus or minus a couple hundred and what ever we have to give the governor of our respective states. Here in TN I am looking at 9.75% which is why I am looking at Mutton. (if they ever return my calls / PM......)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Think I paid about $10K for my 2305. Then got the Frontier after market JD rake. That set me back about $700 or so. 3K or better for the FEL is a lot of $$ right now. You may be right about spending the bucks on a rental regarding the brush piles though. Still remember when the dealer drove the 2305 out to show the wife and myself. When I told her what it would cost sticker shock was a understatement. But then I still would have to deal with the 6 cuyd pile of dirt. Just a pickup load of good soil will set me back about $50 bucks and would go a long way towards our little garden (the dirt not the $$). Just for grins and giggles will stop by the dealer and get some more sticker shock. I do like the forks as made by Artillian (please forgive the spelling). I've driven forklifts, payloaders with FEL and a small rigid boom crane dating to around the late 40's. What a bear that one was. Thanks again for all your help. Frank

·
Premium Member
10,099 Posts
Frank, How far away from west TN are you? Maybe we could go halfizes on a loader....:lol:

I've got a front blade that I'd like to sell and then that is some $ towards the loader - approximate remaining balance is approved in the budget.

Now if I could sell the whole tractor + the blade - I would have the best of both worlds - a tractor with a PTO that won't grenade at the sight of a rotary cutter AND a FEL.....

In the mean time I bought a lottery ticket.

:munch:

Good luck in your quest!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rtgt, further than you would care to drive. South Louisiana down by the gulf. Know what really get's my goat?. About three years ago a gut was selling a complete loader assembly sans the ballast box for 1K. Procrastination set in shoulda, coulda,woulda. Sat there for about a year. Then one day gone. Then there was that nice little new holland sitting in a driveway with front end loader. That one lasted a week. Frank

1 - 20 of 32 Posts