Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm now a geek with a JD 1025R, so that about sets the stage.

The left holder ( part that slips under the bracket on any/most front lift implement like the bucket) when nothing is mounted (ie, bucket , etc.) has about 1-1.5" of free play at both ends of it's arch. If I move the joystick left or right (as if to tilt the bucket about 1-1.5" before it's end point the holder just "flops". The right holder operates normally.

I've read past posts that refer to hydrolic fluid imbalance that balances out with load, is this that situation?

My JD dealership rep says he's seen this on a few 1023/5's and that was his response inpassing. I'm just not really comfortable doing much with the loader not knowing what exactly is going on. My gut guess is the hydrolics will not be equal over stressing the right side.

Sorry I can't post video or photos. I'm sitting in my car dealership waiting for them to finish service. What else does one due while waiting, post to forums.

If photos needed I will post those by tomorrow, Wednesday.

Thanks for the help in advance. Really glad this forum is here.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
When there is no load on the twin curl cylinders the cylinder closest to the source of the circuit will respond first.
There is a round rod that links the two arms together called a timing rod that prevents a gross difference between them but there will still be a difference.
When under load the fluid pressure is indeed equalized.

If I am changing front attachments I have found that a brief change of direction in the curl circuit can easily match the ends.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you check back and decide to spend time with us.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I'm now a geek with a JD 1025R, so that about sets the stage.

The left holder ( part that slips under the bracket on any/most front lift implement like the bucket) when nothing is mounted (ie, bucket , etc.) has about 1-1.5" of free play at both ends of it's arch. If I move the joystick left or right (as if to tilt the bucket about 1-1.5" before it's end point the holder just "flops". The right holder operates normally.

I've read past posts that refer to hydrolic fluid imbalance that balances out with load, is this that situation?

My JD dealership rep says he's seen this on a few 1023/5's and that was his response inpassing. I'm just not really comfortable doing much with the loader not knowing what exactly is going on. My gut guess is the hydrolics will not be equal over stressing the right side.

Sorry I can't post video or photos. I'm sitting in my car dealership waiting for them to finish service. What else does one due while waiting, post to forums.

If photos needed I will post those by tomorrow, Wednesday.

Thanks for the help in advance. Really glad this forum is here.
Mine does the same thing, but as soon as it is under a load, everything is equalized. Not to worry.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: W9GFO
1 - 4 of 4 Posts