Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a receiver system to use on the front of my tractor? Makes it easier to push my log splitter into the forest.

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
Instead of using your name in the subject line, put something in there about your thread topic...

Also we need to know what tractor you have?

I'll change it for you.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Welcome Stephen!

It might help to know what tractor you have. BUT, since I went back to your first couple of posts, I see that you have a 2025. You can add that kind of information to your signature file so it shows up in all your posts. Or, if you're asking a question about something, just tell us what kind of tractor you have.

Assuming you have a front end loader (FEL), you have a few choices. There are a couple of fork frames that have a receiver hitch built in. I have an Artillian that has one built in. There are imported brands as well.

You can also find a purpose built receiver adapter to go on your FEL frame - like this imported one.

Be aware - there are big differences in cost between the Artillian and the imported ones (Palletforks.com/Titan), but there are also big differences in quality. I have the trailer mover I linked to. It's supposed to be flat... but it's not. You get what you pay for.

Reactions: greenharley

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
I have both a Titan front 3 point hitch adaptor plate with 2" receiver which is similar to the one described above Titan 3-Point Adapter Plate and Trailer Hitch, Made To Fit John Deere Hook and P, and the Artillian pallet fork frame with 2" receiver Artillian John Deere QA Pallet Fork Sets. The Titan adaptor is a solid plate with the receiver welded on the front side. The problem with using this adaptor is that you cannot see through it so when trying to hook-up to trailers, you cannot see where the ball is in relation to the coupler on the trailer when seated in the operator station. This requires constantly getting on and off the tractor to see if you are anywhere near close. The Artillian frame you can see through and is significantly easier to use, so unless you have a need for a front 3 point hitch adaptor on your loader, I would go with the Artillian fork frame. Just my opinion. Below is a photo of the Titan front 3 point hitch adaptor plate with a snow plow blade installed. It works good for this type of application where I can just leave the adaptor plate installed on the plow and connect whenever I need to.

Sincerely

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts