Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone -

I was browsing around the Deere attachments/implements brochure for my 2018 x758 and I came across a Front Roller Kit for 2018 54/60HC mower decks. I had front rollers on my previous mower's 48" deck and they seemed to balance the weight and prevent scalping better than just the anti-scalp wheels. I'm wondering if anyone has these installed on their 54/60 HC decks and I'm also wondering why they are for only 2018 model year. I'm interested in purchasing the kit, but found very limited information online about it. I'm also wondering if it would interfere with the autoconnect/drive-over features. The part number is BUC10313. I've attached a screenshot of the kit and you can find the information on page 16/32 of the brochure linked here...

https://www.deere.com/assets/publications/index.html?id=564ca32d

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone -

I was browsing around the Deere attachments/implements brochure for my 2018 x758 and I came across a Front Roller Kit for 2018 54/60HC mower decks. I had front rollers on my previous mower's 48" deck and they seemed to balance the weight and prevent scalping better than just the anti-scalp wheels. I'm wondering if anyone has these installed on their 54/60 HC decks and I'm also wondering why they are for only 2018 model year. I'm interested in purchasing the kit, but found very limited information online about it. I'm also wondering if it would interfere with the autoconnect/drive-over features. The part number is BUC10313. I've attached a screenshot of the kit and you can find the information on page 16/32 of the brochure linked here...

https://www.deere.com/assets/publications/index.html?id=564ca32d

Thanks!
It would interfere with the autoconnect feature because it would not allow the deck to sit flat on the ground as it needs to. Also it would probably lead to a bent deck supporting all the tractor weight on one spot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would interfere with the autoconnect feature because it would not allow the deck to sit flat on the ground as it needs to. Also it would probably lead to a bent deck supporting all the tractor weight on one spot.
Thanks for the reply. My dealer contacted Deere sales support to ask these questions, as well. He’s waiting on a response.

But, why would Deere offer this option if it would lead to a bent deck?

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
The wider the deck the more chance of scalping on uneven ground.My 54 on my 345 and 62 on the x595 have them.Wonder if it was an engineering oops and this is the fix.It's kinda important to have in my opinion.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Its hard to tell in pic but it looks like when you remove the draft link it lets it pivot up. I'm going to see if they have one of the newer decks in stock at the dealer and compare to mine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer spoke with Deere sales support and they told him there are no issues with the front roller kit and the autoconnect. I have the roller kit on order and it should be here mid-week. I'll let you all know more once I install it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
My dealer spoke with Deere sales support and they told him there are no issues with the front roller kit and the autoconnect. I have the roller kit on order and it should be here mid-week. I'll let you all know more once I install it.
How much do they get for that?

Rob

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
Shouldn't bother it at all. I added one to my 60" deck for my 1026R.

Keeps the front of the deck off the ground a ¼" when it's flat on the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got to looking on JD parts site. If you have a 60" deck below S/N 60,000 they have a roller kit "BUC10328". It's made different than the one for newer decks but same price. Lists for $88.81. I only looked at the 60" deck parts.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I ordered one as well for my new x758. My x738 did not have this option and it definitely made the deck scalp.
EddieLee what do you have for a part number for that front roller for your X758? I have a 54" deck

Even with my antiscalp wheels set there's times when I go over a hump that isn't wide enough for the scalp wheels to touch. A roller in the dead center would certainly help.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Got to looking on JD parts site. If you have a 60" deck below S/N 60,000 they have a roller kit "BUC10328". It's made different than the one for newer decks but same price. Lists for $88.81. I only looked at the 60" deck parts.
The BUC10328 does not show up on the Google search. But it does show up on the John Deere catalog.
My 60HC serial number is 51100 so I will need the older style. Has any used this roller kit on their deck? Just want to hear some reviews since you can't buy it anywhere else besides the parts catalog.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any updates on the installed roller kit?
I installed it a couple weeks ago. Sorry for the delay. It does seem to prevent scalping and evens out the weight on the deck while mowing. I'm glad I purchased it.

I'm taking delivery of my tractor tomorrow so hopefully I can update you with the part number for the 54" HC deck.
If you have a 2018 deck with a serial number above 060,000, the part number is BUC10313. Check out my original post in this thread for those details.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I found the part number for my 54HC that is pre 60,000 serial number. BUC10329

1 - 20 of 34 Posts