Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at tie down brackets for my 1025, but just couldn't talk myself into spending the jing they wanted for a set.
Decided to see if I couldn't make a set …
Dug around in my 'steel stash" and came up with a piece of 1/4" x 4" flat stock that would be large enough to carve out a couple of brackets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
:munch:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
:munch::munch:

I have been thinking of adding some type of tie down point to my 1026R . Haven’t done it yet . Kinda looking for ideas.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I made these from angle iron scraps. I posted the specifics, angle of the cuts, hole diameters, and the Amazon links for the large clevis, etc in a thread from a year or so ago titled something to the effect of transporting or chaining down. I did have to reverse the bracket mounting to provide clearance between the clevis and the FEL, from what is depicted in the photos below. I didn't start the thread, so it is not any easier for me to find than you.

DSCN0164.JPG

DSCN0165.JPG

DSCN0166.JPG

DSCN0167.JPG

DSCN0282.JPG

DSCN0283.JPG

DSCN0284.JPG

DSCN0285.JPG

DSCN0286.JPG

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Angle cut the plates, and bent them. Since I'll be mounting these to the frame rather than to the brush guard, I found I needed to cut a 1/2" "dog leg" in the tops for clearance to clear the plastic grill cowling above the attaching bolts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,712 Posts
Angle cut the plates, and bent them. Since I'll be mounting these to the frame rather than to the brush guard, I found I needed to cut a 1/2" "dog leg" in the tops for clearance to clear the plastic grill cowling above the attaching bolts.
So what did you finally end up with? Your photos start out showing brackets attached to the brush guard but then when chained down to the trailer the brush guard is missing. :dunno:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So what did you finally end up with? Your photos start out showing brackets attached to the brush guard but then when chained down to the trailer the brush guard is missing. :dunno:
You're asking the wrong person this question …
Martincom is the one that posted the pictures you are referring to ....
I started the build thread …

G

·
Administrator
17,128 Posts
I have a bunch of these, I was going to offer them but have since change my mind...I guess I need to sell them soon to make some room.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,712 Posts
You're asking the wrong person this question …
Martincom is the one that posted the pictures you are referring to ....
I started the build thread …

G
Yep... I see that I mis-clicked. That happens once in a while. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I have a bunch of these, I was going to offer them but have since change my mind...I guess I need to sell them soon to make some room.
Tell me more. Are they on your website? I don't recall seeing them.

·
Administrator
17,128 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Cut holes for hooks, rounded off the sharp corners on the brackets, and smoothed up the rough edges.
Then it'll be time for a dip in a bucket of paint …

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After the paint dried, I bolted the brackets to the frame …

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rear Tie downs

For the rear of the tractor, I simply drilled holes in the receiver mounting plate and added clevises …

Attachments

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
After the paint dried, I bolted the brackets to the frame …
When do they go into production? :unknown: I'll pm you my address :laugh:

Nice work! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Something like this for a 3r would be great. With the loader off it’s easy to hook the front frame for tying it down. With the loader on though you have to get a bit more creative.

Rick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts