Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new X738 with the 47" snowblower at the end of last winter. I works very well but I am looking for more traction. I have rear chains and built a weight box. Has anyone out there put on front chains?
Thanks,
Bob W

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have an x730 and have issues when I have the snowblower in float mode. I am looking at building a bracket that will slip into the front hitch and add some suitcase weights on that. There is a fella on YouTube that made one up and works out well

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
I have an x730 and have issues when I have the snowblower in float mode. I am looking at building a bracket that will slip into the front hitch and add some suitcase weights on that. There is a fella on YouTube that made one up and works out well
He is a Probably a Member MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information - View Profile: X748SE over at MTF and here is his Build Thread Custom Front Weight Bracket – Quick-Hitch Compatible for John Deere X700 Series - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I bought a new X738 with the 47" snowblower at the end of last winter. I works very well but I am looking for more traction. I have rear chains and built a weight box. Has anyone out there put on front chains?
Thanks,
Bob W
Are you looking for traction to turn when the snowblower is down or for forward progress (i.e. all 4 wheels spinning)? I'd be very surprised if it were the latter unless you have a really steep driveway. Or do you have turf tires and not the HDAPs? Anyway, front weights may help in either case but the better solution for turning issues is to just lift the blower slightly. With practice you can easily find the right spot where the blower is essentially all the way down but yet not pushing down at all so you have better turning capability.

Rob

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Thanks,
Bob W
Bob,
I had them on a 1025R. Definitely gives more traction. I used them one winter. But unless it is really bad, I most likely do not need them. As was stated earlier if I need to turn, just picking up on the blower slightly is really all you need. Did not use 4x4 with or without most time, unless I get in to deep.:flag_of_truce:

Bill

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you looking for traction to turn when the snowblower is down or for forward progress (i.e. all 4 wheels spinning)? I'd be very surprised if it were the latter unless you have a really steep driveway. Or do you have turf tires and not the HDAPs? Anyway, front weights may help in either case but the better solution for turning issues is to just lift the blower slightly. With practice you can easily find the right spot where the blower is essentially all the way down but yet not pushing down at all so you have better turning capability.

Rob
I am looking for more traction. We can get some huge storms here in ME.
Bob W

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I am looking for more traction. We can get some huge storms here in ME.
Bob W
I made my set from the old tractor set I had. They were almost new, so it was worth the effort. I groved my R4s this year. Waiting to see the impact in the snow.
Bill

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts