Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for 1025/6 owners. Does the front attaching support kit for the front quick hitch have to be removed in order to attach the MMM? Looking at either the John Deere front weight bracket or the Heavy Hitch one. Looks like the Heavy Hitch one comes off by just pulling a pin. The Deere one looks to require a couple wrenches. I know the Deere bracket has to be removed to use the FEL, unless you modify it a little. Thanks in advance.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Deere front weight bracket can stay on with the MMM installed, it does not interfere.

I keep mine on 24/7...
Thanks. Anybody know if the front support brackets for the quick hitch can stay on all the time?

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
The Q hitch can't stay on. The parts that are bolted to the tractor stay my 1026R all the time. No tools are needed to take the front hitch on & off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Q hitch can't stay on. The parts that are bolted to the tractor stay my 1026R all the time. No tools are needed to take the front hitch on & off.
So the two small hooks that are part of the front attaching support kit stay on the tractor? That's what I wanted to know. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
so the two small hooks that are part of the front attaching support kit stay on the tractor? That's what i wanted to know. Thanks.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
yep !

·
Registered
374 Posts
I "re-purposed" the weights and bracket from a Mitsubishi built Satoh Bull. I mocked them up and will remove them for paint as I get time. I plan to paint the bracket black and the weights John Deere yellow. I'm not much of a fabricator, but I must say that I hit the clearances dead on. I need the front weight for mowing without the loader attached. Sometimes I used a rotary cutter and sometimes I mow a hillside, sideways, and the extra center of gravity should reduce some of the well-known "pucker factor" that comes along with it.

20140909_181121.jpg

20140909_181110.jpg

20140909_181146.jpg

20140909_181104.jpg

You may also notice the abundance of stainless hose clamps I have installed to help protect the aluminum lines that traverse the loader's cross brace. At .3 hours, while I was test driving my 1025, a branch came up under the bucket and bent all of the lines that hide under the shield/cover. The cover is only held in place by a couple of heavy-duty, plastic wire-ties from the factory.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Very nice

Are you planning to do something to secure the weights to the bracket? I left the securing pin out of my bracket once and was able to bounce a weight off the bracket. Luckily I didn't have the deck running our it would have been disastrous.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Very nice

Are you planning to do something to secure the weights to the bracket? I left the securing pin out of my bracket once and was able to bounce a weight off the bracket. Luckily I didn't have the deck running our it would have been disastrous.
The weights are secured. You can't see it in the picture, but there's a cross-bar that goes through the weights and bolts to the bracket. They'll require a few minutes (4 bolts) to remove/re-install from the bracket, but I think, overall, I'm going to like the setup.

I should mention that each weight is 34 lbs. So, with the weight bracket, I've added around 175 - 180 lbs.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I probably should've posted this elsewhere.

:hijacked::flag_of_truce::empathy:

Maybe not.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
The weights are secured. You can't see it in the picture, but there's a cross-bar that goes through the weights and bolts to the bracket. They'll require a few minutes (4 bolts) to remove/re-install from the bracket, but I think, overall, I'm going to like the setup.

I should mention that each weight is 34 lbs. So, with the weight bracket, I've added around 175 - 180 lbs.

Good deal!

I was amazed at the increase in stability with the weight on the front. I have a couple rather steep hills I cut, can only go up and then back down but the weight really helps the front tires pull.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts