Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
That is very interesting looking. I could see many uses up north cleaning up trails.

I am in the process of buying a set of Artillian forks from Mutton supply. I like the new style with the build in 2" receiver. I happen to be traveling to Fort Wayne and figured I could save the shipping costs. I am just waiting for Joe to shoot me a price on the two units I am deciding between.

·
Registered
22,071 Posts
Darned if I can get these dadgum videos to show up, but here's what we could whip up for the time being. We'll be doing more when time allows.

Oh man - the tree transfer. One scoop for the hole - one scoop for the tree - done! And the trees I need to move are half that size.

OK - I'm convinced.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Good video, Chris. Now I'm totally convinced that this will also work for popping honeysuckle.

It's first order of business will be to dig the holes to plant some arborvitae that I bought LAST year and are still in their containers. :banghead:

Now get these things shipped!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Think outside the box

Chris,

I have been thinking about installing a stone retaining wall to hold back a bank. This got me to thinking about your new toy ummm I mean tool.

Can you do this while making your videos. Offset the "tool" to one side of the frame. Dig a trench along were the wall would be. This trench would be used for the stone gravel base buildup.

The reason I ask is because with the tool in the middle of the frame you can't get close up to the bank where as with the offset you could get right next to it.

Thanks

Steve

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Chris,

I have been thinking about installing a stone retaining wall to hold back a bank. This got me to thinking about your new toy ummm I mean tool.

Can you do this while making your videos. Offset the "tool" to one side of the frame. Dig a trench along were the wall would be. This trench would be used for the stone gravel base buildup.

The reason I ask is because with the tool in the middle of the frame you can't get close up to the bank where as with the offset you could get right next to it.

Thanks

Steve
The prototype one in the video was not made to be offset from center. (There are a few others made the same way that we'll be discounting for those interested.) These few can technically be used offset, but with only one lock key. We recommend always using both lock keys (the bits that hold it in place on the fork frame).

Otherwise, yes, these are capable of being moved to the side of the frame.

5-fps-916_offset_480.jpg

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Good video, Chris. Now I'm totally convinced that this will also work for popping honeysuckle.

It's first order of business will be to dig the holes to plant some arborvitae that I bought LAST year and are still in their containers. :banghead:

Now get these things shipped!!
I hope you'll grace us with some video footage of removing the honeysuckle! Come to think of it, how sweet would it be to have this tool on the front and a chipper on the 3pt....?

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That is very interesting looking. I could see many uses up north cleaning up trails.

I am in the process of buying a set of Artillian forks from Mutton supply. I like the new style with the build in 2" receiver. I happen to be traveling to Fort Wayne and figured I could save the shipping costs. I am just waiting for Joe to shoot me a price on the two units I am deciding between.
Joe @ Mutton is good people. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I hope you'll grace us with some video footage of removing the honeysuckle! Come to think of it, how sweet would it be to have this tool on the front and a chipper on the 3pt....?
I'm going to increase the flow to my curl cylinders on the FEL. Then, with this tool and a little practice I should be able to pop the honeysuckle out and then flip it over my head and into the feed chute on the chipper! :thumbup1gif: :lol:

I'll try to get the video. I only have my cell camera to record video and I'll have to have sweetie do it for me. I am thinking about buying Foscam's version of the Go-Pro so maybe this will be the excuse for it.

I generally don't have the chipper attached unless I'm chipping. It sticks out pretty far off the rear and the blower chute is too tall to take through the woods without paying close attention.

·
Registered
22,071 Posts
Curious about something -

Now that I have learned I can remove my forks easily thanks to the video you recently posted this opens up options for me. So I get to wondering (hoping) that the Fronthoe can be installed and removed the same way. This meaning can it be installed/removed without lifting it by hand?

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Curious about something -

Now that I have learned I can remove my forks easily thanks to the video you recently posted this opens up options for me. So I get to wondering (hoping) that the Fronthoe can be installed and removed the same way. This meaning can it be installed/removed without lifting it by hand?
Yes, easy.

This is also the same with the Grapple and newest version of the Hitch Receiver Adapters. This will be homogenous going forward with all new attachments.

See ya!

·
Premium Member
11,417 Posts
Yes, easy.

This is also the same with the Grapple and newest version of the Hitch Receiver Adapters. This will be homogenous going forward with all new attachments.

See ya!
Are you saying this does not have to be slid in from the end of the fork frame? If so, how exactly does this work? On the small photos it's hard to see much detail on how the upper and lower hooks work or how the locking system works.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Are you saying this does not have to be slid in from the end of the fork frame? If so, how exactly does this work? On the small photos it's hard to see much detail on how the upper and lower hooks work or how the locking system works.
Here's another video. This one will answer your question.

·
Premium Member
11,417 Posts
PERFECT! That explains everything !!! Thank you!

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
These are already on "pre-buy back-order".:laugh: Everything currently in process is sold out. More supplies are coming but some of the latest orders will have to wait a bit longer than the projected end of July.

For anyone who is interested in one of the "special" units mentioned earlier that were designed for use only at the middle of the fork frame, these will be offered for $215 until gone. Technically, they can still be used off-center, but will only be able to use one Lock Key, which we don't encourage. Otherwise, these units are identical to the others. They are just absent of a couple of extra locating holes for the Lock Keys.

If anyone with a pending order wants one of these, please send an email as such (reference your order number). Anyone placing a new order who wants one, just mention "center only unit" in the Additional Comments during checkout in the shopping cart and we'll adjust the charge upon shipping.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hey All,

Well we finally got everything needed to start shipping these. Unfortunately, we missed the cutoff for today so expect to get shipping notices on Monday for the earlier orders, later in the week for the rest.

Have a great weekend

·
Registered
109 Posts
Joe @ Mutton is good people. :bigthumb:
I heard back from Joe and I will be stopping in next week to pickup one up from him. I have been looking at them for quite a while and look forward to using it up north. I like the new design that incorporates the 2" receiver in the frame.

·
Premium Member
5,009 Posts
Ahh :banghead:, getting ready to order and it appears the $20 discount for July is done?? :unknown::unknown: We still have two days left. :dunno:

Please advise . . . . :hide:, I was hoping to have some of that shipping covered.

PS - Order placed and hoping for $20 discount. I also requested size/weight to compare FedEx discounts. . . I can provide a label as I did last time.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ahh :banghead:, getting ready to order and it appears the $20 discount for July is done?? :unknown::unknown: We still have two days left. :dunno:

Please advise . . . . :hide:, I was hoping to have some of that shipping covered.

PS - Order placed and hoping for $20 discount. I also requested size/weight to compare FedEx discounts. . . I can provide a label as I did last time.
I don't know what $20 discount you are referring to. There was a slightly more discounted price at the beginning for those who ordered at that time. We are way past that now.

Regarding shipping, we now charge a handling fee for that, as it is more time consuming and complicated for us. Especially for something like this, it's not worth the time.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts