Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Whho-Hoo!!! Got my shipping notice this afternoon. It should be here on Wednesday. Can't wait to get this thing mounted. It'll make my tractor even more of a chick magnet!!

Update - as of 4:11 this morning, it's on a truck somewhere between Connecticut and Ohio! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Mine just showed up!! :good2: Like everything else from Artillian, it was packed well.

I haven't put it on the tractor yet (the paying job is getting in the way of my fun right now! :gizmo:) but I did open the box. Holy Cow!! This thing looks BEEFY!! Fortunately the young FedEx guy carried it from the back of his truck over to my garage.

Eyeballing it, it looks like 1/4" steel, but it may be 3/16". The welds are beautiful and the coating looks great!! :bigthumb: Can't wait to put it on and post up some pics!!

THANKS, Chris, for continuing to innovate. :usa

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Mine just showed up!! :good2: Like everything else from Artillian, it was packed well.

I haven't put it on the tractor yet (the paying job is getting in the way of my fun right now! :gizmo:) but I did open the box. Holy Cow!! This thing looks BEEFY!! Fortunately the young FedEx guy carried it from the back of his truck over to my garage.

Eyeballing it, it looks like 1/4" steel, but it may be 3/16". The welds are beautiful and the coating looks great!! :bigthumb: Can't wait to put it on and post up some pics!!

THANKS, Chris, for continuing to innovate. :usa
Fantastic! But, try as I might, I am just not seeing it. :mocking:

·
Premium Member
10,926 Posts
Same here... the photos aren't showing up. I'm going to reload Windows and see if that corrects the problem. :)

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Same here... the photos aren't showing up. I'm going to reload Windows and see if that corrects the problem. :)
SHEESH! YOU GUYS!! :nunu: What part of "I can't wait to put it on and post up some pics" didn't you understand! You're obviously retired guys that have forgotten how us still-have-to-work guys have to get paying-work done before we can do the fun-work. :banghead:

:lol:

Go ahead, jgayman, and reload Windows. At least that will give me the better part of the day to get those pictures up! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
SHEESH! YOU GUYS!! :nunu: What part of "I can't wait to put it on and post up some pics" didn't you understand! You're obviously retired guys that have forgotten how us still-have-to-work guys have to get paying-work done before we can do the fun-work. :banghead:

:lol:

Go ahead, jgayman, and reload Windows. At least that will give me the better part of the day to get those pictures up! :laugh:
Excuses and name calling does not let you off the hook. Now, get that camera out. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
10,926 Posts
I thought you would like that one. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
time to post you have time to mount, take pics and post em up. :good2:

Steve
Sheesh! If I didn't know better, I'd swear my ex-wife has joined GTT!! :lol:

It's going to be tomorrow before I mount it up. Tonight I have a date with Diana Ross. Oh, and a date with sweetie and her sister. :laugh:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Got my Front Hoe bucket today. Works great, does what you would expect, well built like all Artillian stuff. This thing is more useful than I thought it would be. Worth the investment.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Just got my bucket on Friday and boy is it pretty handy. My lot has a lot of buried roots from where it was cleared and I have not found anything yet that was effective at getting them out. This works really well and is more than worth the money! It takes out small roots (1-2 inches) usually in one scoop. The bigger ones take some digging but far better for the FEL to be doing the digging than me!:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi all... getting ready to order one of these. Have some minor trench work (and a
bunch of just about everything else this implement can do) to do, and was looking at
this pic of Chris' thinking, yeah, that'd be nice for cleaning out and smoothing a trench
once it's been dug:

View attachment 212025

Then I remembered this thread and got to wondering:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/48601-broken-hydraulic-ram-cylinder-h120-loader.html

...are there things one never would/could attempt to do with the regular bucket that
the fronthoe will tempt me to do, but I should avoid doing them (or do them very
carefully)? Just looking for "good technique/bad technique/never-ever" tips that might
keep me from breaking something.

·
Registered
21,446 Posts
Hi all... getting ready to order one of these. Have some minor trench work (and a
bunch of just about everything else this implement can do) to do, and was looking at
this pic of Chris' thinking, yeah, that'd be nice for cleaning out and smoothing a trench
once it's been dug:

View attachment 212025

Then I remembered this thread and got to wondering:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/48601-broken-hydraulic-ram-cylinder-h120-loader.html

...are there things one never would/could attempt to do with the regular bucket that
the fronthoe will tempt me to do, but I should avoid doing them (or do them very
carefully)? Just looking for "good technique/bad technique/never-ever" tips that might
keep me from breaking something.
I see your concern. I am close to ordering one myself.

Some of what I would want to do with the bucket would be with it offset to one side. That is what makes this thing so versatile.

As with about anything loader wise, I am always vigilant in keeping even pressure on the loader arms - well at least try to. Like when grabbing just a corner-full of material in the bucket.

So with that said, I am not afraid to use the bucket slid to either side. But, I will be gentle with it in that position - maybe taking 1/2 a normal bite - while keeping a close eye on how the loader arms are acting.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
after seeing the quality of the artillian forks and grapple set up at kens house the other day it made me make a purchase for a set of artillian forks I got the 3000lb frame and 42x4 tines and I threw in the front hoe bucket :gizmo:i plan on getting the grapple set up later i will submit pitcures when they come in :thumbup1gif: this will be a good addition to the tractor

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts
So do I get a commission out of this Peter? :lolol:

Congrats Brian, you will enjoy them! I am going to order the fronthoe bucket soon myself.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I've got the front hoe and I do like it. It does require some skill (which I don't have much of! :laugh:) to operate since you can't see it from the operators station. I've used it for popping out some shrub and digging new holes for other shrubs. It is a beast!!

Can't beat the whole Artillian setup for strength and flexibility. Whoever came up with all of that was one smart guy! :bigthumb:

41 - 60 of 64 Posts