Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am researching a 60" box blade and land rake for my 1026R. Now that I understand the definition of "limited cat 1" to indicate that because of tire height leaving the 3PH so sit lower than ANSI standards for Cat 1, I am reconsidering the "L" designated implements from Frontier. Prior to my new understanding, I considered the "L" to designate "Light" rather than just "Limited". Call it a mental deficiency on my part, but now I am wondering if there isn't more of a height of implement difference driving the designation. Does anyone know?

I also have discovered in this search that Frontier is renaming the 20 Series to 50 Series. So the LR2060L is now the LR5060L. I'm told it is due to a change in manufacturer. Also, there is a new BB5060L box blade. At least I think it's new as I have not seen a BB2060L anywhere, ever. So I am seeing some 20 series implements in auctions now as I guess dealers are looking to clear old stock, some nice prices, but I'm not close enough to Montana or Idaho to justify that. So I continue my quest.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
interesting, but I believe the L is referring to "light" and not "limited". Certainly the spec weight is lighter on any L rated implement and that is because they are built with less steel. I don't believe the limited Cat 1 actually limits any Cat 1 from connecting.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed they are lighter, and agreed there is less steel because of the height issue, but it's not thinner steel, and I guess that is my point. But I'm pretty sure I've heard of others on here pulling full sized 60" box blades with a 1026R, but is there an issue with height? raising? lowering? Controlling?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was under the impression that "L" was light.

My box blade is a BB2048, There is also a BB2048L model. On the BB2048L there is one less ripper shank, only three instead of four and side plates that are not angled 'in' at the top as compared to the BB2048 model.

According to the manual, the "L" box weight is 275 lbs and the non-"L" box weight is 385 lbs. With a max engine hp of 25 and tractor not to exceed 2250lbs........

But now,:flag_of_truce: As I read farther down the specs, the "L" has a hitch category of limited cat 1 or optional cat 0.

So, "L" must mean limited:unknown:

·
127 Posts
Hello everyone. To answer everyones question the "L" does indeed stand for limited. All of the frontier equipment with a "L" at the end of it designates it for use on Sub Compact tractors. Take a look at all of the Frontier equipment here Tractor Attachments and Implements for Sale | Mutton Power Equipment - Fort Wayne, Indiana. If you guys have anymore questions do not hesitate to ask away. I hope everyone is ready for spring. Hopefully it is here any day now. :pray:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts