Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1025r with the 60" frontier loader mounted plow. I am being told the hydraulic angling isn't recommended w/ the power beyond (backhoe hydraulics). Deere is working on an auxiliary hydraulic kit that pipes to the boom arms....but, not available yet. Even as is the kit for hydraulic angling hoses are currently to short to run to mid valve.

Has anyone ran into this issue?

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
You can't use the Power Beyond as is directly. You need another controlled port. Or you can install a diverter and divert the curl control on your existing SCV to the angle function.

Many of us have diverters installed. I chose to use the setup that Artillian sells but there are others too.

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
Ok so I need the deere angle kit plus the artillian diverter?
That combo will work! :good2: I believe WR Long makes a diverter kit for these machines too. I don't know what their pricing looks like.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jim. I'm a bit of a newbie in terms of hydraulics. I would've thought I could just connect the angle lines to the existing bucket curl connections. Fluid in fluid out not sure why it matters what way the attachment moves.

·
Administrator
18,497 Posts
Thanks Jim. I'm a bit of a newbie in terms of hydraulics. I would've thought I could just connect the angle lines to the existing bucket curl connections. Fluid in fluid out not sure why it matters what way the attachment moves.
'

Yes, that is possible, but quite often the cylinders will bleed down some and you wouldn't be able to adjust them. Some guys have strapped the cylinder closed to eliminate that issue.

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
Yup. You can do that. It's what I did for 2 winters. :good2:

But I found that it is nice to be able to tweak the curl to adjust the snow blade a little as I'm plowing. With a diverter doing that is no issue at all If you swap hoses like you mention, you have to shut everything down, move hoses. adjust, shut everything down again, swap hoses back again.... It's enough of a chore that you don't want to have to do it. The diverter just makes life easier.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info! Angle kit is $650 and the diverter is another $700. I think I'll get my ass off the seat to angle it manually!

·
Premium Member
13,034 Posts
Thanks for the info! Angle kit is $650 and the diverter is another $700. I think I'll get my ass off the seat to angle it manually!
JD Parts is showing the angle kit as $675. As you can see below, the Angle Kit is just two single acting cylinders and a couple hoses. I'll bet you could put together your own kit for way less than $675. The description on those cylinders is 1.75 x 1.5 x 6.0.

Want to hear something even crazier? JD Parts shows the price of those cylinders as $143. That means JD is charging $389 for two hoses, fittings and a few pieces of hardware.

Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
JD Parts is showing the angle kit as $675. As you can see below, the Angle Kit is just two single acting cylinders and a couple hoses. I'll bet you could put together your own kit for way less than $675. The description on those cylinders is 1.75 x 1.5 x 6.0.

Want to hear something even crazier? JD Parts shows the price of those cylinders as $143. That means JD is charging $389 for two hoses, fittings and a few pieces of hardware.

Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

That’s like the quick hitch angle kit. cylinders here is $650 and about $350 for the hoses, 2 pins and some zip ties

·
Premium Member
13,034 Posts
That’s like the quick hitch angle kit. cylinders here is $650 and about $350 for the hoses, 2 pins and some zip ties
Actually, the hydraulic angle kit for the QuickTach is just the opposite. JD wants $400 for the cylinder alone but you can get the entire KIT for $292 which includes cylinder, hoses and all associated hardware.

Go figure.

·
Registered
732 Posts
If you have the power beyond, I think it would be much cheaper to buy a control valve and few hoses to run it off that. maybe just not as "neat" as a diverter.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I use the tractors dump/curl function to angle my blade. As you can see in the attached picture, I use ratchet straps to ensure that the curl function can't leak down. You don't need to curl your loader arms once your hydraulics are hooked up to the angle function of your plow, unless it leaks down. The use of ratchet straps prevents this from happening. You can get a hydraulic extension hose kit from Artillian. I would wait to make sure you like your loader mounted plow or until you aquire other implements that require a diverter. This is a five dollar solution that works in the mean time.

Attachments

Reactions: Kennyd and Wj80
1 - 14 of 14 Posts