Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How fast are you going, too slow and they won't come out. Yes soil moisture has to be right but you also have to move at a good clip.
I'm in Low range, running at full speed with RPM's around 2200. I'd equate that to maybe a brisk walking speed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Im interested in your answer of black dirt. Black like topsoil, or? As for cleaning the rust, Dremel makes a small wire wheel that fits in there. As for a lubricant, maybe some Pam vegetable oil spray
A more complete answer would be that soil conditions are mixed, but the results seem to be about the same. I'm on 4 acres, most of which has never been touched to my knowledge. But then the acre or so around the house has poorer quality soil from all the excavation that happened. It's not clay, but certainly not as rich soil as the rest of the place.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I'm in Low range, running at full speed with RPM's around 2200. I'd equate that to maybe a brisk walking speed.
Not fast enough and your soil has too much moisture in it

Reactions: stevenmc001

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Im interested in your answer of black dirt. Black like topsoil, or? As for cleaning the rust, Dremel makes a small wire wheel that fits in there. As for a lubricant, maybe some Pam vegetable oil spray
Fluid Film would also work- it's non toxic and any that goes into the ground would not be an issue.

Treefarmer

Reactions: BigJim55
21 - 24 of 24 Posts