Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking delivery of a 2018 JD 2025R this week. Looked at the Frontier AP10 pallet forks at the dealer as I do want forks on my tractor. These are rated at 1250 lbs which is higher than the lift capacity of the 2025R. Online they listed as having a weight of 198 lbs. Should I be concerned about the durability of these when I start using them for digging on small stumps and dirt? I am also looking at the Artillian forks which seem to get rave reviews but the price and shipping to Illinois is kind of steep. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,367 Posts
First the AP10's are a good set of forks, do yourself a favor and get the 42" (you didn't mention the length of your forks). :thumbup1gif:
Second, pallet forks are not designed for digging so be aware of that if you use them in that fashion.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Digging with pallet forks may be better left to 24” landscaping style forks if you can find them.

That said a set of forks isn’t “really” designed for digging as stated above, proceed with care.

Any decent set of forks and frame should withstand such use infrequently or for shorter periods, the AP10’s, HLA’s and the Artillian are all close to the same weight and working capacity, however as you stated since some are not available at your local dealer or designed to be modular they differ significantly in price.

Look at your available options, their prices and the capabilities and potential for each to be used for other things in other ways and see which is the best bang for your buck.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Hello neighbor if you go with the artillian forks they offer a shovel that attaches to the frame of the forks.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hello neighbor if you go with the artillian forks they offer a shovel that attaches to the frame of the forks.
It's called a hoe bucket and it works wonders on stumps. I used the hoe bucket to dig up this stump.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to call Artillian in the morning to see how long a wait on a set of the pallet forks, back rest and Hoe bucket. hopefully they will give me a truthful answer and it will not be more than a few days out. Looking at the videos on the hoe bucket I can see where that would be very handy to have. Our house is on a strip mine lake and reclaimed strip mine land. One place on our 2 acres more or less is a point out into the lake with a mound of clay soil with some mixed rocks. Not sure how well the FEL will work on leveling that mound. Thinking I might be able to use the forks to penetrate the side of that mound and loosen it up where I can use the FEL to move and level it. Will see how that goes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Going to call Artillian in the morning to see how long a wait on a set of the pallet forks, back rest and Hoe bucket. hopefully they will give me a truthful answer and it will not be more than a few days out. Looking at the videos on the hoe bucket I can see where that would be very handy to have. Our house is on a strip mine lake and reclaimed strip mine land. One place on our 2 acres more or less is a point out into the lake with a mound of clay soil with some mixed rocks. Not sure how well the FEL will work on leveling that mound. Thinking I might be able to use the forks to penetrate the side of that mound and loosen it up where I can use the FEL to move and level it. Will see how that goes.
I can tell you that I received my forks, fork frame, and hoe bucket exactly 2 weeks after I placed my order. I placed my order on 4/24/18, a Tuesday morning, and received an order confirmation. I heard nothing from them until 5/7/18, which was Monday. The 5/7 email indicated my items shipped on 5/4/18, a Friday. My items were delivered on Tuesday, 5/8/18. I wasn't crazy about the lack of communication about an estimated shipment date but their website does say 10-14 business days I believe.

They shipped everything FedEx Ground but when I spoke to them on the phone prior to placing my order online, they made it sound like I would have to arrange for a freight delivery.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taking delivery of a 2018 JD 2025R this week. Looked at the Frontier AP10 pallet forks at the dealer as I do want forks on my tractor. These are rated at 1250 lbs which is higher than the lift capacity of the 2025R. Online they listed as having a weight of 198 lbs. Should I be concerned about the durability of these when I start using them for digging on small stumps and dirt? I am also looking at the Artillian forks which seem to get rave reviews but the price and shipping to Illinois is kind of steep. Thanks!
Priced the 36 and 42 inch AP pallet forks from JD dealer the other day. Quoted $600 for the 36 and $750 for the 42. Thought that was a pretty big jump for 6 inches more fork. Spent a lot of time looking and reading up on the Artillian forks and the Bucket Hoe. I called Artillian and was told all was in stock and should ship around end of week. Really think the Bucket Hoe will be useful.

Submitted order today for the 3000 pound fork frame, 42x3 inch forks, backrest and Bucket Hoe.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Congrats :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts