Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger and brought a set of forks home. Two photos as a counterpoint to some of the Titan threads here.

Regarding the alignment, burying the forks and pushing got the pin seated. It worked, just not as well aligned as the bucket or grapple.

Still good with the purchase, just a bit surprised.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I also have the AP10F forks, with no alignment issues. Usually my forks seat those pins better than the bucket due to the additional weight. Maybe its just a little paint that needs to wear off since they are new?

Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Still waiting on my AP10F forks. Dealer had to order them as they have sold every pair they get it. Have to check mine when they arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
942 Posts
Still waiting on my AP10F forks. Dealer had to order them as they have sold every pair they get it. Have to check mine when they arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I waited over 2 months for mine but they were worth it. I'm guessing fitment issues are pretty rare with these (and most other manufacturers, Titan drop shipped forks excluded) as I hadn't heard about it when researching forks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I waited over 2 months for mine but they were worth it. I'm guessing fitment issues are pretty rare with these (and most other manufacturers, Titan drop shipped forks excluded) as I hadn't heard about it when researching forks.
Interesting thing is that my dealer had them in stock. I kept expecting a 2 month wait.

·
Registered
942 Posts
My dealer (Greenmark Equipment) only stocks the ap11s according to the sales guy.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My dealer (Greenmark Equipment) only stocks the ap11s according to the sales guy.
I looked at the AP11F too. With 42" tines: 50lbs heavier, $120+ more cost. I thought it might have a taller headache rack. Went to Deere.com and the 10 and 11 were both shown as 24.5" tall. Wouldn't be the first time I found data there data copied from one model to the other, making it incorrect on the other.

That all being said, available now vs 2 months (or indefinitely out of stock) may be worth the upcharge. That was part of my calculations in going with Frontier vs. Others.

·
Registered
159 Posts
.... Titan drop shipped forks excluded...
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 👍👍👍👍👍👍
That is GREAT!! .... and, unfortunately, so very true. 😖

·
Registered
942 Posts
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 👍👍👍👍👍👍
That is GREAT!! .... and, unfortunately, so very true. 😖
Well there's a legitimate manufacturer also named Titan something but I couldn't remember the exact names of the two companies and was trying to differentiate between the two lol.

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Interesting thing is that my dealer had them in stock. I kept expecting a 2 month wait.
When I bought mine early last year I called my dealer and said I needed a set of forks ASAP and they had several in stock. Inside 12 hrs I had a set of forks on my tractor and used them to lift a 400 lb tool chest outta the back of my truck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well there's a legitimate manufacturer also named Titan something but I couldn't remember the exact names of the two companies and was trying to differentiate between the two lol.
Titan Attachments is the "Drop Shipping" one you referenced. The made in USA "legit" one is Titan Implement .

Reactions: trav

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,403 Posts
Reactions: Pigpen

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
OP, Frontier, Heche In Mexico?

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
I looked at the AP11F too. With 42" tines: 50lbs heavier, $120+ more cost. I thought it might have a taller headache rack. Went to Deere.com and the 10 and 11 were both shown as 24.5" tall. Wouldn't be the first time I found data there data copied from one model to the other, making it incorrect on the other.

That all being said, available now vs 2 months (or indefinitely out of stock) may be worth the upcharge. That was part of my calculations in going with Frontier vs. Others.
Looking on JD parts; the AP11F frame is over $220 more than the AP10F frame, and looks to be heavier built. Neither have a "headache" rack.

Reactions: bpop

·
Registered
543 Posts
WOW.... QUITE surprised to see this miss fit on a Frontier labeled product.. Also the China sticker..
I've had AP10 x 42 forks for 2 years now and no issues..

The pictures in the link in post #13 show a frame that is different than mine.. Not much maybe, but different just the same.. Is this because of newer product ?? US as opposed to products for Canada markets ??

Mine fit perfect the first time and have been so incredibly useful.. I regret not getting the forks the same day as we got the tractor..

Good luck..

·
Super Moderator
3,494 Posts
Very glad to see you got some forks now bpop. Very cool 👍

Reactions: bpop and trav

·
Premium Member
913 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very glad to see you got some forks now bpop. Very cool 👍
Me too. And already putting them through their paces.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts