Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just received my 2018 1025r today.. New to the tractor world and had a question.. Should you have any sway side to side, when using a box blade? I have read many different views on this and would like your opinion?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
In my experience the adjusters should be fairly tight. You want some play but very little.

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts
I would make it right to prevent sway, but loose enough that the hitch still moves easily in both directions without a load on it.

I have a quick hitch. Once you set it with that, you never have to mess with the sway links again. :god2:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Welcome.
I’m with DS. I have the quick hitch and keep it Farley right I think mine moves left to right by 1/4” or so

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Hello everyone, I just received my 2018 1025r today.. New to the tractor world and had a question.. Should you have any sway side to side, when using a box blade? I have read many different views on this and would like your opinion?
go get urself a quick hitch and u will never need to worry then about sway---:good2:and its a lot easier hooking ur implements to ur tractor too.

didn't they have any 2019 models yet? heck the 2020s will soon be out :dunno:i'm just kidding ya.:lol:

glad u joined GTT-lots of smart people on here.:wgtt:

where are u from in the USA-or across the pond maybe:unknown:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Robnik

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
If you don't have a quick hitch raise the implement you have attached all the way up and the tighten the sway links so you have very little sway. You should be good then. Reason I said to raise the implement all the way up after you attach it is because it gets tighter as you raise it. If you tighten it while it's in the lower position you might bend or kink something as you raise it up. Ask me how I know. :hide:

·
Premium Member
13,835 Posts
Buy an iMATCH and then visit kenny's website and get one of these

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

Oh, he also makes dollar store quick hitch hooks too. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts