Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Deere 1025r, 60D mower, Frontier BB2048, Frontier RC2048, Titan Attachments Pallet Fork
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Frontier BB2048 box blade from my local JD dealer for use with my 1025r. It would not hook up properly to the JD iMatch hitch. The dealer moved the top hook down one hole on the iMatch and the problem was solved. However, this new top hook position on the iMatch does not work with my Frontier RC2048 rotary mower. The RC2048 has a lower and upper connection point for the top hook. I've tried both. It looks like I have to change the top hook position on the iMatch each time I switch between the box blade and rotary mower...not very quick hitch. I purchased Frontier thinking all their implements were compatible without wrenching around. Anyone else experience this issue with Frontier box blade and rotary mower?

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I have the same issue with various implements whether they are Frontier or another brand. I use Kenny's iMatch adjustable hook pins. Makes moving the top hook easy.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,457 Posts
Do you have a picture of the 3 point area of the two implements, something doesn't seem right to me.

Reactions: jgayman and kylew

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
I have the BB2048, RC2048, RB2060L & IMatch with Ken's adjustable, extended hook. I never have to move the hook. How I have mine setup is:

The RC2048 uses the lower of the 2 holes at the top for the hook, and the upper of the 2 holes at the bottom for the lower IMatch hooks (via the "mushroom bushings").

The BB2048 uses the the lower of the 2 holes at the top for the hook, and the lower holes are not adjustable.

The pins for the hook on the IMatch are in the 3rd and 5th holes from the top.

·
Registered
507 Posts
When I got a my BB2048L the dealer had assembled it incorrectly, they put the top mast (red arrow) on the outside of the box cross beams which resulted the I-match not fitting. By moving the mast inside the cross members (as shown) it fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have a BB2048L and a RC2048. Set them both up myself 5 years ago. No problems with either of them and the imatch. I have pics but there are good ones above.

To clarify, you have the BB2048, and not the BB2048L, correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts