Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a new Frontier broadcast spreader today!! Model #ss1023B. Dealer said it would take 3 weeks to get it in! :( The suspense is killing me already! Haha

By the way I'm new to the site. I've been reading for awhile but recently joined. There is a lot of knowledge on this site, and looking forward to talking with all you guys!

I haven't figured out how you list all your equipment at the bottom yet or post pictures. So as soon as I do I get some up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome from Alaska. I'm new also and find that I have to force myself to log off so I can get some work done.
I'm thinking about the same spreader and am anxious to see what others have to say. I would also love to know what you think of it. Please, keep us posted. Thanks

·
Administrator
18,520 Posts
Ordered a new Frontier broadcast spreader today!! Model #ss1023B. Dealer said it would take 3 weeks to get it in! :( The suspense is killing me already! Haha

By the way I'm new to the site. I've been reading for awhile but recently joined. There is a lot of knowledge on this site, and looking forward to talking with all you guys!

I haven't figured out how you list all your equipment at the bottom yet or post pictures. So as soon as I do I get some up.
:wgtt:

Go up to the top right of the page and click "Settings", then on the left side bar are several choice that you can modify. The most common ones the signature, profile and avatar.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks! Ill give it a try.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Lets see a picture when you get it. I am tired of my walk behind spreader and have been considering a unit like that! I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem! I've got a small pull behind john deere spreader that will hold about a 100 pounds, but it's made for garden tractors. The 3 point hitch wouldn't allow me to turn with it. Just another excuse to buy another implement! As my wife roles her eyes. Haha

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Welcome, from Texas!

:wgtt:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's here!!

Well I picked it up today! And of course had to go pick up some triple 12 to try it out.

First off I'm not real happy with the setup of this thing. Mostly all things I can fix though.

1. Had to shorten the drive shaft. Took an 1 1/2 off each half.
2. You are not able to completely raise the spreader with the pattern selector in the middle. The handle
turns up on the end and hits the top link when about 3/4s of the way up. I'll have to cut the handle and
turn it horizontal and weld it back on.
3. The lower links are to low. You have to tip it back to reach the lower pins. Then tip it forward to get the
top link in. There for once hooked up and let all the way down it lacks touching the ground by about 3
inches. Not really a good way to fix this.
4. Use it to spread some fertalizer today, and it throughs heavy on the left side. And not much of anything
out the right side. I had to move the selector lever all the way over to where it should have only been
coming out the right side. Then it was almost even from left to right. I may just need to play with
differant RPM's. That was pretty disappointing.

So all in all for the price of 605 dollars I had a lot higher expectations. I'm pretty disappointed with the design and function of this spreader.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
bwalton id like to offer some suggestions
1) I agree if they advertise for 1 series better fit
2) &3) when asked, my dealer they offered an imatch option for$30 this might prevent hook up issues
4) having covered over 1,000,000 acres as a commercial applicator I can't stress proper setup enough (which most dealers don't provide anymore)
We pan test our spreading equipment every spring and fall to ensure even pattern.
you can do this on your own by placing paper cups with a heavy washer (to keep them seated in grass) every 2ft perpendicular to your path of travel then spread at an even speed while straddling your cups. repeat a couple times to get a good trial. if you want to spread 20 ft wide place cups 26' to see what happens.You should get even amount. also the sun can play mind games causing hasty adjustments.( I candy striped 6 acres of lawn) traditionally while looking back at both a spreader or sprayer it will appear to be heavy on the left side. hope this helps I understand your frustration. toys are great... when they work as advertised.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts