Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this little thing up at the dealer today.

Plan on using it this weekend; will take a video of how well it works.

Small as it may be, as it's only 8ft, it's pretty big & heavy -- I think it will cut good.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
It looks great!:bigthumb: :congrats:

I hope we get a photo of it attached to the 4066R?:yahoo:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Anxious to get it in the ground and use it.

Here are some pictures of it attached to the 4066R.

Going to move out to the field later this afternoon and see how it pulls.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,600 Posts
SWEET :good2::good2:

Can't wait to see a video of it in use, with that aggressive angle you have it set at right now it should work very well.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wasn't too impressed, but I think all of the issues were operator error and poor field conditions.

I didn't wait long enough for the vegetation to die and decompose, and it was still really tall. In addition, John Deere did deliver the wrong front blades, as they were supposed to be notched -- but even then, not sure it would have been enough to cut better.

It was adjusted with a lot of the weight on the front to try and make them cut as aggressively as possible, instead of it being leveled front-to-rear.

Video at

Ended up going back over it with an Unverfert Perfecta Field Cultivator, see more @ Unverferth Perfecta 10 Field Cultivator with John Deere 4066R

·
Premium Member
12,600 Posts
Wasn't too impressed, but I think all of the issues were operator error and poor field conditions.

I didn't wait long enough for the vegetation to die and decompose, and it was still really tall. In addition, John Deere did deliver the wrong front blades, as they were supposed to be notched -- but even then, not sure it would have been enough to cut better.

It was adjusted with a lot of the weight on the front to try and make them cut as aggressively as possible, instead of it being leveled front-to-rear.

Video at

Ended up going back over it with an Unverfert Perfecta Field Cultivator, see more @ Unverferth Perfecta 10 Field Cultivator with John Deere 4066R
How many passes did you make before hitting it with the cultivator?

·
Premium Member
12,600 Posts
Only reason I ask is I did this in two passes yesterday with my 66" discs.
What did you conquer with your MCUT - Page 238

First pass I made with full aggressive angling and then I backed them off quite a bit for the second pass. I think your's were doing a good job. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It ended up being around 3 passes before using the cultivator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts