Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Servicing my finish mower today and notice belt is frayed and soon to be replaced. Frontier GM 3060 part # 5WP20644 which is about $75 which seemed high. Any ideas on size or cross reference part?
Thanks
gary

·
Registered
64 Posts
Servicing my finish mower today and notice belt is frayed and soon to be replaced. Frontier GM 3060 part # 5WP20644 which is about $75 which seemed high. Any ideas on size or cross reference part?
Thanks
gary

I have the same deck and I replaced the original with a B 113 . Not sure if you've got around to changing it yet but I've never been able to slide the belt on by using their instructions. I have to take out all 4 of the bolts that hold the plate the gearbox is bolted onto then wrestle the belt on the back pulley. But I am also using the quick hitch attachment .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
belt

Purchased belt for 60 inch Woods mower and works perfect at less than 1/2 price. I was able to remove the front 2 bolts and pry up enough to get belt under but did have to loosen the belt guide adjustment to get belt on. Its a hard pull to get around last pulley but a pretty easy job.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
The 54" deck on the SIL now 2 yr old x738 is frayed ,,according to JD dealer this is normal..JD put a different covering but the belt it self is OK.. They did send me a new belt , it is still in the box, the mower now has over 150 hrs .:dunno:

Maybe same thing for yours.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Purchased belt for 60 inch Woods mower and works perfect at less than 1/2 price. I was able to remove the front 2 bolts and pry up enough to get belt under but did have to loosen the belt guide adjustment to get belt on. Its a hard pull to get around last pulley but a pretty easy job.
I found that using a 1/2" breaker bar with a 1/2 to 3/8 " adapter and use a 3/4 socket on the spring pulley get's the belt on a lot easier . I never thought about using the Wood's mower deck as a reference . I just took the old belt to a supply house and had them match up a new with old. :unknown:

·
Registered
350 Posts
A number of years ago.
The belt on my old tractor MMM deck blew up with a resounding bang...
With no other local option at the time it was bite the bullet and get a JD replacement. When the replacement was available, I was in a position to immediately take it to a NAPA parts store (as I remember) and they measured and got a Gates (?) same size and length belt.

I installed the parts store belt and mowed for twice as long as the OEM belt lasted. When I sold the tractor I suspect that belt is till running as well as it was for me.

I returned, or more appropriately exchanged the OEM belt for filters and other small parts I could use. Hey, it's my money.

Your millage may differ.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Been buying belts to fit my Lawn Tractor I was re/building. I found JD belt even tho Gates makes them (right on the package in fine print) for $50.00 I got my 2 needed belts??? Went to the local Ag Store and there $11.00 each? So I decided to by the others after the $25.00 belt got ate in about one hour of hard mowing!!! Could have bought the cheap ones for $9.00 each but passed. Been mowing with the cheap ones now no way I am paying $25.00 for a regular 1/2" wide 60" long belt!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts