Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere 3038E.... when I’m using the Land Plane, it bogs up and doesn’t evenly flow over the blades as it’s supposed to.. Can anyone tell me exactly how I’m supposed to have it hooked up to my tractor or tell me what I’m doing wrong

·
Registered
825 Posts
Sounds like you need to put the tractor on level ground, drop the land plane within a few inches of hitting the ground, use a level to level the implement front to back (top link). Then use the level to level right to left by adjusting the 3 point arm up or down.

Also, for the top link you should be using the center or lower hole on the tractor side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Sounds like you need to put the tractor on level ground, drop the land plane within a few inches of hitting the ground, use a level to level the implement front to back (top link). Then use the level to level right to left by adjusting the 3 point arm up or down.

Also, for the top link you should be using the center or lower hole on the tractor side.

:unknown:i have a question on that---what if u have a I-match--do u then move to those holes also:dunno:

just wondering about that is all--:munch:for those that use I-Matches all the time.

·
Registered
825 Posts
:unknown:i have a question on that---what if u have a I-match--do u then move to those holes also:dunno:

just wondering about that is all--:munch:for those that use I-Matches all the time.
That IS a good question. Hopefully someone can provide some information on that.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Like CADplans said, it works better with dryer material.
And i thought it was tough pulling an LP1160 behind my 1025.
Try holding it up a little on 3 point as well, instead of full float mode.

C01E41D9-5906-40D9-95D1-D625162F53EF.jpeg

BC1F2FC7-380E-42FA-8A0B-6CCB5A396139.jpeg

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have a John Deere 3038E.... when I’m using the Land Plane, it bogs up and doesn’t evenly flow over the blades as it’s supposed to.. Can anyone tell me exactly how I’m supposed to have it hooked up to my tractor or tell me what I’m doing wrong
As others have said, you may need to level it up. I have the same set up but with a 3025 and an Imatch. If I find myself bogging down, I will adjust the plane a little bit (forward/aft) so I am not taking such a big bite. This is especially helpful in wet conditions. The plane will also act like this if you catch rocks or debris like a root or something.

I don't any of these issues when I am using the plane on my gravel drive. I did have these issues when I was doing my yard but it smoothed out after multiple passes and letting the ground dry a bit. Having it level left to right is key. You should be able to adjust the bite from the seat, at least I can.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Your pics look like the "gravel" is a high percentage of dirt, of some sort,,,

A land plane, when used on dirt, can act more like a grader box than a plane.
The only way to grade dirt like that, and not pick up as much material, is to lift the land plane.

Now, a LOT of finesse is needed to move some material, but, not a lot of material.

I graded about 4 acres with my land plane this year,,,
a little grass can drive you nuts,,, the roots just mat up and stop the material from grading.

If there is any grass,, spray it with Roundup a month before you want to use the land plane,,,

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
658 Posts
With what you are dealing with in the pictures, have the front blade a little higher than the rear blade and let the LPGS down so it juuuuuust touches the ground. You want the hitch to be holding the majority of the weight.

See how that works for you.

The notion that you simply drop this type of implement and drive off and end up with a perfect grade-finish is WRONG. That may work in certain circumstances, but definitely not all, or even most IMO.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I thought the land plane was for gravel driveways. I don’t see anything but a handful of rocks, looks mainly like dirt. Might get better results with a drag made out of chain link fence.

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
658 Posts
I thought the land plane was for gravel driveways. I don’t see anything but a handful of rocks, looks mainly like dirt. Might get better results with a drag made out of chain link fence.

No gravel here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
DG packs out nice once flat! Had a driveway made out of it once and boy it was like concrete once I had it the way I wanted it. Looks nice!!

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
658 Posts
DG packs out nice once flat! Had a driveway made out of it once and boy it was like concrete once I had it the way I wanted it. Looks nice!!
Thanks, it really only needs minor maintenance to keep it in good shape. :good2:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
True story. Your pic looks like a similar method of the picture below.

Space ball’s! Haha. I love that movie

My buddy let me play on his tractor with a land plane. It was a breeze to move and level dirt. It was piled everywhere. He did have tilt hydraulics on it though. I’m sure that made a world of difference.
I need T&T for my tractor ASAP.

·
Registered
640 Posts
A top and tilt kit is like having two shirt pockets, I love mine.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
A top and tilt kit is like having two shirt pockets, I love mine.
T&t , grapple, and landplane are top of the list.

With the T&T I just simply backed the landplane up to a pile of dirt normally way to high to get the landplane over. Just simply tilted the plane. Grabbed a little dirt and took off! It was love at first try

1 - 20 of 26 Posts