Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which model(s) of the Frontier land rake would you guys/girls recommend for the 1025R? I'm trying to figure out which models are workable and which models are too big. I found these models while searching:

LR2072
LR2084
LR2172
LR2184
LR2196

LR5060
LR5072
LR5084
LR5096

LR2060L
LR5048L
LR5060L

Reactions: mdgilbreath

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Which model(s) of the Frontier land rake would you guys/girls recommend for the 1025R? I'm trying to figure out which models are workable and which models are too big. I found these models while searching:

LR2072
LR2084
LR2172
LR2184
LR2196

LR5060
LR5072
LR5084
LR5096

LR2060L
LR5048L
LR5060L
As long as you are figuring on keeping the 1025R for some time, get the 60 inch models with the L designation as they are designed for sub compact tractors. The 2060 is probably cheaper, but the 5060 is probably heavier built. your choice.

Dave

Reactions: biodiesel

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you are figuring on keeping the 1025R for some time, get the 60 inch models with the L designation as they are designed for sub compact tractors. The 2060 is probably cheaper, but the 5060 is probably heavier built. your choice.

Dave
Thanks, Dave. I didn't realize the L was designated for sub compact tractors. I do plan to keeping the 1025R for a longtime. Eventually I would like a larger 4 series cab tractor, but that will be in addition to the 1025R and much later down the road.

By the way, I’ll be going to eastern Kansas at Thanksgiving and will be picking up Frontier AP10F forks at Heritage Tractor. My nearest dealer in Albuquerque gave me a quote for $762. Heritage gave me a quote for $620. That's a $142 dollar difference, plus I'm saving $58.74 in taxes. I usually go back to Kansas 3 times per year, so it won’t be a problem bringing them back with me.

Reactions: jdforever

·
Registered
193 Posts
The 1025R has what is defined as a "limited cat 1" rear 3 point. Limited as in not as tall as a "regular tractor".

Thus you have to match rear implements to the tractor, so you can traverse obstacles with the implements mounted(like loading onto a trailer), and have plenty of height when the 3 point tops out.

In the Frontier line, the "L" means for limited cat 1, which gets the hitch pins at the right height, and also has the proper capacity to match the tractor's ability to work.

For instance the landscape rake has shorter tines, and the box blades are built shorter in height. But the Brush hog, RC2048 for instance, has 2 sets of lower pin holes, and according to which set is used dictates the height of the attachment. So if you used it on a 2025R, you would use the upper pin holes. For a 1025R, you would use the lower pin holes so that the 1025R could pick the cutter up high enough from ground level to transport it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 1025R has what is defined as a "limited cat 1" rear 3 point. Limited as in not as tall as a "regular tractor".

Thus you have to match rear implements to the tractor, so you can traverse obstacles with the implements mounted(like loading onto a trailer), and have plenty of height when the 3 point tops out.

In the Frontier line, the "L" means for limited cat 1, which gets the hitch pins at the right height, and also has the proper capacity to match the tractor's ability to work.

For instance the landscape rake has shorter tines, and the box blades are built shorter in height. But the Brush hog, RC2048 for instance, has 2 sets of lower pin holes, and according to which set is used dictates the height of the attachment. So if you used it on a 2025R, you would use the upper pin holes. For a 1025R, you would use the lower pin holes so that the 1025R could pick the cutter up high enough from ground level to transport it.
Lindsey, thanks for the detailed explanation. This is my first tractor, so what is common knowledge to most is detailed information to me.

Reactions: jdforever

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Thanks, Dave. I didn't realize the L was designated for sub compact tractors. I do plan to keeping the 1025R for a longtime. Eventually I would like a larger 4 series cab tractor, but that will be in addition to the 1025R and much later down the road.

By the way, I’ll be going to eastern Kansas at Thanksgiving and will be picking up Frontier AP10F forks at Heritage Tractor. My nearest dealer in Albuquerque gave me a quote for $762. Heritage gave me a quote for $620. That's a $142 dollar difference, plus I'm saving $58.74 in taxes. I usually go back to Kansas 3 times per year, so it won’t be a problem bringing them back with me.
Which Heritage dealer?

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
The one in Olathe.
I was at that dealer location last Wed. I also go to the one in Adrian MO, usually when I need service.

Dave

Reactions: biodiesel

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was at that dealer location last Wed. I also go to the one in Adrian MO, usually when I need service.
My parents live outside of Ottawa. We (they) make a lot of trips into Overland Park/Kansas City area, so I like to stop at the Olathe dealer on the way to and from the city. My dad does most of his business at the Baldwin dealer, though. I’ve been very happy with their prices and customer service. I will probably continue to buy parts and implements from them since they are cheaper than here in New Mexico.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
My parents live outside of Ottawa. We (they) make a lot of trips into Overland Park/Kansas City area, so I like to stop at the Olathe dealer on the way to and from the city. My dad does most of his business at the Baldwin dealer, though. I’ve been very happy with their prices and customer service. I will probably continue to buy parts and implements from them since they are cheaper than here in New Mexico.
The Olathe location is pretty small. But the Baldwin location is humongous. Many millions of $ sitting on that lot. Baldwin is the home office. Heritage is the only JD dealer around here now.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
I have the LR 2060L with gauge wheels. It works great with my 1025. I ordered it with gauge wheels but said no during pick due to insane price. Couldn’t find a decent replacement or fit. A week after I bought the rake I drove back to dealer and got that wheel kit. Glad I did, it’s a necessary item for a rake and makes some difference.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Dave

I prefer the Baldwin location over Olathe, super friendly dealership.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the LR 2060L with gauge wheels. It works great with my 1025. I ordered it with gauge wheels but said no during pick due to insane price. Couldn’t find a decent replacement or fit. A week after I bought the rake I drove back to dealer and got that wheel kit. Glad I did, it’s a necessary item for a rake and makes some difference.
From what I found, the LR2060L lists the optional gauge wheels whereas the LR5060L does not. I wonder if that is a misprint? Plus, the online specs are all over the place for both models. I found one source that said the 1025R wasn't compatible with the LR5060L. I need to call John Deere and see if I can get some of these facts straight.

LR2060L
Operating, lb (168 lbs)
Tractor compatibility PTO horsepower, hp (25 hp)

LR5060L
Approximate weight (186 lbs)
Tractor PTO hp (18 hp)
Compatible John Deere Tractors (2025R and up)

Reactions: Firemark

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I prefer the Baldwin location over Olathe, super friendly dealership.
I have limited experience, but my dad has been going to the Baldwin location since 2006 when he first bought his tractor. I was telling Dave on the back-channel that my dad specifically took me to Baldwin this summer. He said, "If anyone is going to have your tractor in stock, it will be Baldwin". After the salesman told us that the last tractor had just sold the day before, he looked for another one in their online system. Sure enough, Olathe had it in stock, lol. That’s where I wanted to go the day before, but my dad was adamant about going to the Baldwin dealer.

I will say, though. Baldwin figured out a way for me to buy the tractor from out of state and avoid paying taxes on it. Due to warranty reasons and trying to establish a good relationship with my local dealer, I ended up asking the dealer in Albuquerque if they would price match, which they did. So, I paid the taxes instead of having to tow a trailer 1,750 miles round trip. They dealer in Albuquerque would probably price-match the forks, too, but I'm tired of having them price-match everything. On principle, I decided to give my business to Heritage and bring the forks back in the bed of the truck.

·
Premium Member
12,770 Posts
From what I found, the LR2060L lists the optional gauge wheels whereas the LR5060L does not. I wonder if that is a misprint? Plus, the online specs are all over the place for both models. I found one source that said the 1025R wasn't compatible with the LR5060L. I need to call John Deere and see if I can get some of these facts straight.
They do offer a gauge wheel kit for the LR5060L (P/N 5TITE511225).

Quite frankly, trying to decide between the various Frontier landscape rake styles is an exercise in frustration. When I was shopping for a rake and trying to decide between the LR2000 series and the LR5000 series it was very confusing. Don't waste your time call JD, most dealers are ZERO help. The specs are all over the place and there is massive overlap. There isn't even a good place you can go to see pictures of the various models. Sometimes searching for one model brings up a picture of a different model.

I ended up getting a LR5060 and adding a set of Tarter wheels. Despite being listed as iMatch compatible the opening in the frame was barely large enough to pass the top-hook, making it very difficult to hook up. I ended up enlarging the opening with a cutting wheel and now it works just fine.

The best advice I can give is to do yourself a favor and go buy a Woods or Land Pride rake. :)

Reactions: Firemark

·
Registered
929 Posts
I bought a Frontier LR2060L for my 1025r not too long ago, and in my opinion it is the perfect size for the tractor. Also fits the iMatch perfectly. It is one of the best implements that I have added to my stable. My only regret is not buying it 3 years ago when I bought the tractor.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the LR2060L. Works fine and no issues with the iMatch.
I need to pick up the wheel kit. Anyone know the price on that?
Thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That makes 3 of you (Firemark, WifeSaidOk, and EVT) who have purchased the LR2060L, and everyone agrees that the fitment with the iMatch is good. All three of you also really like the rake, so that's good.

Interestingly, one person (jgayman) purchased the LR5060L. Unfortunately, he did have fitment problems with the iMatch.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the LR2060L. Works fine and no issues with the iMatch.
I need to pick up the wheel kit. Anyone know the price on that?
Thanks.
I couldn't find the wheel kit for the LR2060L, but I did find it for the LR5060L. The cost is $299.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I purchased the LR2060L for our 1025R. Works fine, sized right and is compatible with the imatch.

Shopping for implements is frustrating at best, dealer never have any to look at when I have a pocket full of money. I have better luck on Craigslist and Facebook. Seeing something in person is a big deal when spending a sum of money.

I suggest making a list of what you want, and going on tractorhouse and searching for each item, in order to look at build quality and differences. Also consider Mutton's, they usually have pics and specs, and are good about having a price on implements.

:gizmo::hide::munch:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts