Green Tractor Talk banner

Frontier Land Rake for 1025R?

7K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  cthomaswilson 
#1 ·
Which model(s) of the Frontier land rake would you guys/girls recommend for the 1025R? I'm trying to figure out which models are workable and which models are too big. I found these models while searching:

LR2072
LR2084
LR2172
LR2184
LR2196

LR5060
LR5072
LR5084
LR5096

LR2060L
LR5048L
LR5060L

Reactions: mdgilbreath
#2 ·
As long as you are figuring on keeping the 1025R for some time, get the 60 inch models with the L designation as they are designed for sub compact tractors. The 2060 is probably cheaper, but the 5060 is probably heavier built. your choice.

Dave

Reactions: biodiesel
#3 ·
Thanks, Dave. I didn't realize the L was designated for sub compact tractors. I do plan to keeping the 1025R for a longtime. Eventually I would like a larger 4 series cab tractor, but that will be in addition to the 1025R and much later down the road.

By the way, I’ll be going to eastern Kansas at Thanksgiving and will be picking up Frontier AP10F forks at Heritage Tractor. My nearest dealer in Albuquerque gave me a quote for $762. Heritage gave me a quote for $620. That's a $142 dollar difference, plus I'm saving $58.74 in taxes. I usually go back to Kansas 3 times per year, so it won’t be a problem bringing them back with me.

Reactions: jdforever
#6 ·
Which Heritage dealer?

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk Pro

#4 ·
The 1025R has what is defined as a "limited cat 1" rear 3 point. Limited as in not as tall as a "regular tractor".

Thus you have to match rear implements to the tractor, so you can traverse obstacles with the implements mounted(like loading onto a trailer), and have plenty of height when the 3 point tops out.

In the Frontier line, the "L" means for limited cat 1, which gets the hitch pins at the right height, and also has the proper capacity to match the tractor's ability to work.

For instance the landscape rake has shorter tines, and the box blades are built shorter in height. But the Brush hog, RC2048 for instance, has 2 sets of lower pin holes, and according to which set is used dictates the height of the attachment. So if you used it on a 2025R, you would use the upper pin holes. For a 1025R, you would use the lower pin holes so that the 1025R could pick the cutter up high enough from ground level to transport it.

#5 ·
Lindsey, thanks for the detailed explanation. This is my first tractor, so what is common knowledge to most is detailed information to me.

Reactions: jdforever
#11 ·
I have the LR 2060L with gauge wheels. It works great with my 1025. I ordered it with gauge wheels but said no during pick due to insane price. Couldn’t find a decent replacement or fit. A week after I bought the rake I drove back to dealer and got that wheel kit. Glad I did, it’s a necessary item for a rake and makes some difference.

#13 ·
From what I found, the LR2060L lists the optional gauge wheels whereas the LR5060L does not. I wonder if that is a misprint? Plus, the online specs are all over the place for both models. I found one source that said the 1025R wasn't compatible with the LR5060L. I need to call John Deere and see if I can get some of these facts straight.

LR2060L
Operating, lb (168 lbs)
Tractor compatibility PTO horsepower, hp (25 hp)

LR5060L
Approximate weight (186 lbs)
Tractor PTO hp (18 hp)
Compatible John Deere Tractors (2025R and up)

Reactions: Firemark
#16 ·
I bought a Frontier LR2060L for my 1025r not too long ago, and in my opinion it is the perfect size for the tractor. Also fits the iMatch perfectly. It is one of the best implements that I have added to my stable. My only regret is not buying it 3 years ago when I bought the tractor.

#17 ·
I have the LR2060L. Works fine and no issues with the iMatch.
I need to pick up the wheel kit. Anyone know the price on that?
Thanks.

#19 ·
I couldn't find the wheel kit for the LR2060L, but I did find it for the LR5060L. The cost is $299.

#18 ·
That makes 3 of you (Firemark, WifeSaidOk, and EVT) who have purchased the LR2060L, and everyone agrees that the fitment with the iMatch is good. All three of you also really like the rake, so that's good.

Interestingly, one person (jgayman) purchased the LR5060L. Unfortunately, he did have fitment problems with the iMatch.

#23 ·
True. But the problem was remedied in 10-mins with a cut-off wheel. The one huge advantage of the LR5-series is you can get a set of wheels for $200. The LR2-series wheels will cost you $480.

There have been a lot of reported problems with the LR2060L rakes over the years. Specifically bending and twisting of the tine mounting boom. That is because the tines are just mounted to a section of L-bracket. The tines on the LR5-series rakes are sandwiched between two U-channel sections, which is much stronger.

The photos below detail what I am referring to.

Attachments

#20 ·
I purchased the LR2060L for our 1025R. Works fine, sized right and is compatible with the imatch.

Shopping for implements is frustrating at best, dealer never have any to look at when I have a pocket full of money. I have better luck on Craigslist and Facebook. Seeing something in person is a big deal when spending a sum of money.

I suggest making a list of what you want, and going on tractorhouse and searching for each item, in order to look at build quality and differences. Also consider Mutton's, they usually have pics and specs, and are good about having a price on implements.

:gizmo::hide::munch:

#25 · (Edited)
I just picked up a used one a
LR 5048L. It was a year old and used one time. Got it for $450.00 which was $50 off of his list price. Was in great shape and works fine on my 1026R.

2011 diesel 1026R mmm with FEL with WR long tooth bar, 4’ BB, Bush Hog, Land Rake and 25gal sprayer all on the imatch hookup.

Reactions: Kbar
#26 ·
I just picked up a used one a
LR 5048L. It was a year old and used one time. Got it for $450.00 which was $50 off of his list price. Was in great shape and works fine on my 1026R.
You got a good deal!

Reactions: mdgilbreath