Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys found a one time used frontier land take I could use on my driveway in addition to my box blade. It’s priced at $500 no wheel attachments on it, that’s a new price for used. What do you all think?
Going to check it out this weekend.

2011 diesel 1026R mmm with FEL , box blade, WR long tooth bar , 4’ bush hog and 25gal sprayer all on the imatch hookup.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,718 Posts
It looks in very good condition. Actually, that's about $100 less than new. That's not a horrible deal. Perhaps you can get him to knock another $25 to $50 off. A Tarter wheel kit will run around $220.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks in very good condition. Actually, that's about $100 less than new. That's not a horrible deal. Perhaps you can get him to knock another $25 to $50 off. A Tarter wheel kit will run around $220.
I would mainly be using it for my gravel drive 500’ from road to house?

2011 diesel 1026R mmm with FEL , box blade, WR long tooth bar , 4’ bush hog and 25gal sprayer all on the imatch hookup.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Seems a little high to me. I paid $450 for a used 8ft King Kutter rake 5 years ago that was in pretty good shape, but there was no doubt it was not new. I put the trailing wheels in it, but they were sure expensive for what I got. The wheel kit cost me $187.97 from Rural King. I had to adapt it to the iMatch. Merely drilling a hole lower than the existing top hole.

Dave

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems a little high to me. I paid $450 for a used 8ft King Kutter rake 5 years ago that was in pretty good shape, but there was no doubt it was not new. I put the trailing wheels in it, but they were sure expensive for what I got. The wheel kit cost me $187.97 from Rural King. I had to adapt it to the iMatch. Merely drilling a hole lower than the existing top hole.

Dave
It’s imatch compatible , used one time and be sitting out in the elementals as you can tell by pics. I’m thinking of offering $400 to them for. Going to go look at Saturday. Like I said it would be mainly used for my drive way.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
It’s imatch compatible , used one time and be sitting out in the elementals as you can tell by pics. I’m thinking of offering $400 to them for. Going to go look at Saturday. Like I said it would be mainly used for my drive way.

Yeah, I use mine for my long gravel driveways. Works really well. I have never used my box blade on it. Since it is fairly level, there has been no need for the box blade. If I had hills or ditches, I could see the need for the rear blade or box blade. The rake really dresses up the gravel and makes it look really nice.

Dave

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I use mine for my long gravel driveways. Works really well. I have never used my box blade on it. Since it is fairly level, there has been no need for the box blade. If I had hills or ditches, I could see the need for the rear blade or box blade. The rake really dresses up the gravel and makes it look really nice.

Dave
My drive way has slope on front end. Bb will pull some gravel for sure. I’m using that and my FEL to keep it level and straight now. Those wash out rains gets it good sometimes. Haven’t had gravel put down since 2013. It’s time for a load or two and something easier to work it like the land rack.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts

I would think that $400 would be a fair price, but no more. In January of 2018, I Paid $600 for a brand new Woods LRS60, which is a 5 foot rake.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I feel the value of it is around $400. Limited Category 1 implements are hard to find used, at least geographically for me. It is limited cat 1, because of the "L" on the end, which is perfect for your 1026R. I have one, the tines and hitch are shorter, for our short tractors.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I would mainly be using it for my gravel drive 500’ from road to house?

box blade is the best tool for the drive........unless you have something else to use it for or just want it i would put $ elsewhere ...those do a great job on landscaping though

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I feel the value of it is around $400. Limited Category 1 implements are hard to find used, at least geographically for me. It is limited cat 1, because of the "L" on the end, which is perfect for your 1026R. I have one, the tines and hitch are shorter, for our short tractors.
There are to find here too. Most of the ones I see for sale are worn out and pricey at that.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Call up your local dealer and get a price for the unit, and asked about the wheel kit price. Also be sure to ask if the wheels can be ordered separately. You can then buy used if you like the price and add the wheels later.

·
Premium Member
12,718 Posts
Call up your local dealer and get a price for the unit, and asked about the wheel kit price. Also be sure to ask if the wheels can be ordered separately. You can then buy used if you like the price and add the wheels later.
Make sure you are sitting down. The JD wheel kits typically cost almost as much as the implement. Also, they do not offer wheel kits for all models of rakes. You will not find a better deal than the $200 Tarter wheels. Unfortunately they only fit certain models. They do fit the rake shown by the OP.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I sure could have used that rake today on the drive way that I’m going to go look at Saturday.
I’ve been working my gravel drive for 6 years. Getting time to get some more gravel. Was working it today and have worked it so long over the years it’s thin too say the least. I hit the gas line today .

Took gas company a while to get out here. They said it was not deep enough. Well I guess not after 6 years of me scrapping gravel from road when it wash down.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that's why I never smoke when I rake driveways :cowboy:
I quit 15 years ago

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Ouch! How big a service line is it? Did they clean out your bank account? Not deep enough is right if you hit it while grading your driveway. They're supposed to be 36" minimum. of cover on them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ouch! How big a service line is it? Did they clean out your bank account? Not deep enough is right if you hit it while grading your driveway. They're supposed to be 36" minimum. of cover on them.
3/4” line did not cost me a thing. It’s was 2’ from the road.
Lot of rock herein middle Tennessee. Lol

Reactions: rtgt and Kbar

·
Registered
193 Posts
If it's rocky then they probably went over a large rock and then back down. I've redone a couple back yards over the years, and have ran into this more than once. Get a shovel and probe and be careful.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I bought a used rake for 400. It was used in a horse ring for years so it was still in great shape. I use it on my drive when I do put it on. Works great.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts