Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new 3046R and I am going to pick up a tiller to bundle in as there is additional discounts with it. My question is what are the differences between the 1172, 2072, and the 3072. I am getting a reverse rotation tiller. I told the sales guy the 1172R would be fine but just making sure I get what i need. I use it for lots of food plots whether its in the hills with rocks or in the bottom in ice cream silt loam. I have looked at the online brochures and am still confused especially looking at prices on build your own. the 11 series shows to be more expensive than the 30 series but i thought higher number meant heavier duty. Anyway all info is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I really like my JD 647 tiller. But you are way out of my size though. But Tractor time with Tim says you will like which ever tiller you get.

rob

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking on the website and cant find that tiller anywhere, I am curious if that model has been discontinued. I can only find frontier brands and no JD badged units on the website.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
If you have I-Match make sure the tiller fits! Tillers are very hard to hook up to the 3 point without I-Match. Mine JD 647 is very easy to hook up with the I-Match.

rob

·
Registered
106 Posts
@slowboat76 The John Deere branded tillers are on the implements and attachments brochure. On the JD website pick ag or lawn and garden, then compact tractors, then a series, then any model tractor. The implement brochure link is below the build your own link for the tractor.
I have a 665 tiller for my 3039R. When tilling I use the cruise control to keep my speed about .3 to .4 mph. The slower you go the better the seed bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts