Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody use a rock bucket? and if so how well do they work? I was looking in the Fronteir brochure last nite :thumbup1gif: and seen them and it looks like the ticket for what I need this summer clearing some rocky ground. Any info would be great.
Thanks Jason

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wonder myself if would be worth to buy one If i could get a used one for 5-600$ i would buy it I even ask few rental center if they have one for rent nope I can use it to clean my gardens in spring time

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the quote back from my dealer $1950 + tax a little steep but I got about 9 acres to clean up so it might be worth it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
What kind of material you have where you are?
I would imagine the dryer and sandier the better it will work on a tractor.
The key to these buckets are fast shaking. That's easier to accomplish on an excavator.
Wet clay based I imagine will be tough.

Reactions: danmorea

·
584 Posts
I've used one on a 5103 a couple years ago. I clear the rock out of the field next to me. It worked great, but I could see where s grapple rock bucket would come in handy. I found that when it was wer, the larger rocks would slide off the bucket due to the wet mud.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My soil is mostly dri and mostly top soil so I would think it would work pretty good. The other thing would be once I'am done with it I would think it would be hard to get rid of. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cost so much.
Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts