Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were not many threads about frontier spreaders and adapting them to quick hitches so I figured I would share my version.

To start I have a 1025r with a titan attachments, Cat 1, quick hitch. My spreader is a Frontier SS1023B.

I picked up a set of Cat 1 to Cat 3 bushings. I found that if you flip them then fit the width of the Titan hitch. I then cut off the top link brackets and re-welded them up higher in line with the top hook.

Since the bushings were right on the outside of the hitch and I didn’t want to modify them, I narrowed the brackets from the normal 2” spacing, to 1-1/4” so that it would not slide laterally as much. I also lengthened the gate handle and turned it up to have easier access to the gate control lever.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
There were not many threads about frontier spreaders and adapting them to quick hitches so I figured I would share my version.

To start I have a 1025r with a titan attachments, Cat 1, quick hitch. My spreader is a Frontier SS1023B.

I picked up a set of Cat 1 to Cat 3 bushings. I found that if you flip them then fit the width of the Titan hitch. I then cut off the top link brackets and re-welded them up higher in line with the top hook.

Since the bushings were right on the outside of the hitch and I didn’t want to modify them, I narrowed the brackets from the normal 2” spacing, to 1-1/4” so that it would not slide laterally as much. I also lengthened the gate handle and turned it up to have easier access to the gate control lever.
Great write up and pics! Looks great.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks for this write-up. I am currently looking for a spreader for seed and fertilizer as well. I thought this was going to be an easy purchase. Just call my JD dealer, order a small broadcast spreader and pick it up. Nope. Turns out they don't hook up with quick attach. In fact, there are not many that do. Frontier has one big one (and big price) that does and Land Pride, and others doesn't seem to at all. I am still shopping, and am looking to purchase soon, but not gonna lie, this type of thing really p's me off about Frontier. IMO, EVERYTHING from Frontier should be quick attach, and if not, clearly marked as such. Nothing like having to dig through specs and product details to determine which implement is "non-imatch compatible"! I like Frontier and own multiple implements, but it's a pain point with the quick attach. Yes, I know I could take the imatch off, but that is annoying, and I takes time. I need to hook up and go. Not refer to my Frontier imatch compatibility chart to determine if an implement works, when they are the ones who sold the imatch quick hitch.

JD/Frontier corporate leadership - if you are out there. Please address this!

Now that I got that rant out. I am kicking around the idea of fabricating a bracket on one as well.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Thanks for this write-up. I am currently looking for a spreader for seed and fertilizer as well. I thought this was going to be an easy purchase. Just call my JD dealer, order a small broadcast spreader and pick it up. Nope. Turns out they don't hook up with quick attach. In fact, there are not many that do. Frontier has one big one (and big price) that does and Land Pride, and others doesn't seem to at all. I am still shopping, and am looking to purchase soon, but not gonna lie, this type of thing really p's me off about Frontier. IMO, EVERYTHING from Frontier should be quick attach, and if not, clearly marked as such. Nothing like having to dig through specs and product details to determine which implement is "non-imatch compatible"! I like Frontier and own multiple implements, but it's a pain point with the quick attach. Yes, I know I could take the imatch off, but that is annoying, and I takes time. I need to hook up and go. Not refer to my Frontier imatch compatibility chart to determine if an implement works, when they are the ones who sold the imatch quick hitch.

JD/Frontier corporate leadership - if you are out there. Please address this!

Now that I got that rant out. I am kicking around the idea of fabricating a bracket on one as well.
Yeah Boar, I feel your pain. I too went through all of these frustrations. Here is my solution to the spreader issues.

SS2036B Spreader gets Modified | Green Tractor Talk

Scooter, great job on your conversion. Looks like we both ended up in the same place.

Reactions: Scooter16

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks RandyM for the link to the post. Also great work!

Reactions: RandyM
1 - 5 of 5 Posts