Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do an annual maintenance on the 3038e and I have some confusion as to one of the two fuel filters. The one illustration the dealer gave me for maintenance lists two possible options for each filter depending on serial number. My serial number doesn't match the format of the illustration.

Anyway, the fuel filter not inside the bowl has a number on it of 129A23-55800, which is a Yanmar part(and rather expensive). I'll include the illustration I mentioned which seems recent since it includes the 3025E. Anyone know which part numbers I actually need for the fuel filters? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,572 Posts
You didn't say what your serial number is. Those charts can be very confusing. I wish they would stop handing them out.

The parts illustration for the 3038E shows three different fuel filters. Does this match what you have?

[h=4][/h][h=4]14 M811032[/h][h=4]28 MIU803127[/h][h=4]31 MIU800645[/h][h=4][/h]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,572 Posts
I found yet another diagram which appears to be for a different serial number range. It shows only two fuel filters but the P/N varies by serial.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't seen that one lol. I do believe those are the parts I'm after though. SN# in the attached pic. There is so much conflicting info out there I'm surprised anyone knows this stuff. Oil capacity is 3 different amounts depending on where you look. UGH.

·
Premium Member
13,572 Posts
Based on your S/N (106428) I am assuming this is the correct operator's manual.

Which lists the following fluid capacities:

Fluid Capacities

Fuel Tank 24.2 L (6.4 gal)
Cooling System 4.2 L (1.1 gal)
Crankcase w/ Filter 4.5 L (1.2 gal)
Transmission and Hydraulic System 21 L (5.5 gal)
Front Axle 3.8 L (1.0 gal)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,789 Posts
I put that part number you mentioned, 129A23-55800, into the parts catalog. It comes back as MIU803127. Does this help?

$37.08

Reactions: userjh160

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Based on your S/N (106428) I am assuming this is the correct operator's manual.

Which lists the following fluid capacities:

Fluid Capacities

Fuel Tank 24.2 L (6.4 gal)
Cooling System 4.2 L (1.1 gal)
Crankcase w/ Filter 4.5 L (1.2 gal)
Transmission and Hydraulic System 21 L (5.5 gal)
Front Axle 3.8 L (1.0 gal)

Ahhhhhh. Ok, my number was so far from 610000 I wasn't figuring that the 106428 applied. So I guess I need the parts for those BEFORE 610000 then. That clears things up. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put that part number you mentioned, 129A23-55800, into the parts catalog. It comes back as MIU803127. Does this help?

$37.08
Well, that actually re-confused me. On the diagram that part number is listed as being correct for serial #s after 610001.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it possible that its referencing the engine serial number? Kinda hard to tell but it looks like it says 161030394

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cross checking the Wix site, it appears that maybe the 610001 - may correspond with 100001 -. I'm going with it at this point. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Super Moderator
2,789 Posts
The engine serial number didn't help. I put in the tractor's serial number and in brought back the parts catalog "3038E Compact Utility Tractor - PC9799". So at least by serial number, it narrowed it to just that catalog. Problem is it still shows both in there. Note the serial numbers listed for the filter packs.

Screenshot_2019-02-15-20-31-20.jpg

The 610000 # break may be for something like the 3032 for example, and the 100001 may apply to the 3038. Not sure. But by going with the number printed on your original filter, I'd say you need MIU802421 & MIU803127. Maybe your dealer has both styles and you can look at them to compare?

Reactions: userjh160

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually ordering online as we speak, but those are the two numbers I have in the cart. Really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I went through this last weekend.

The actual fuel filter is the big black oil filter looking filter, it is located toward the fire wall. It will have some Chinese (not Japanese) writing on it. The other part is the strainer. My Parts counter guy said JD changed the size of the strainer but didn't give a S/N break point on that. My 3025E is a 2017 so it had the older style. The difference between them is the length of the strainer. If you have a plastic fairing surrounding your strainer then I think you have the new style.

I would argue that after changing out my strainer, I probably could have just cleaned it up and an reused it. The only part definitely needed changing is the black fuel filter. The fuel filter was a bit of a PIA because it was on so tight but really the whole task is a pretty simple deal. Just make sure you have a filter wrench for large filters. I would also make sure you turn the fuel shut off valve off/on as needed. It the tractor will self prime after changing the filter, just need to keep cranking the engine.

·
Premium Member
13,572 Posts
The actual fuel filter is the big black oil filter looking filter, it is located toward the fire wall. It will have some Chinese (not Japanese) writing on it. The other part is the strainer. My Parts counter guy said JD changed the size of the strainer but didn't give a S/N break point on that. My 3025E is a 2017 so it had the older style. The difference between them is the length of the strainer. If you have a plastic fairing surrounding your strainer then I think you have the new style.
I find it impossible to keep up with the "year" differences in the various tractor models. The only thing shown in the parts system is serial number. Although if you are like me I sure don't remember what my serial number is. But... there are typically vast differences in the machines. Take the 3025E for example. There is the first Gen 3025E with the fuel tank in the front and a second Gen 3025E with the fuel tank in the rear. It is impossible to tell from the year which is which (unless you happen to own the tractor). :)

What part number did you end up getting for the strainer. The only part currently showing in JD Parts is M811032. The same strainer is shown for both Gen-1 and Gen-2 3025E.

I would argue that after changing out my strainer, I probably could have just cleaned it up and an reused it. The only part definitely needed changing is the black fuel filter. The fuel filter was a bit of a PIA because it was on so tight but really the whole task is a pretty simple deal. Just make sure you have a filter wrench for large filters. I would also make sure you turn the fuel shut off valve off/on as needed. It the tractor will self prime after changing the filter, just need to keep cranking the engine.
It is the same with my 2720. The manual instructs to change both fuel filters. The spin-on filter and the little plastic strainer. I've had my tractor since 2012 and the plastic strainer is always perfectly clean when I inspect it. Changing it seems like a waste of money. I have a new one in case it ever got damaged but to this date I have never changed mine. I do change the spin-on fuel filter annually.

I always pre-fill my spin-on filter with fuel and have never had the engine shut off or had to crank any extra to start. If your water separator is like the one on my 2720 it actually has a bleed screw next to the shutoff valve. While the system is self bleeding there are instances where that might take a while. It's strange that the Owner's Manual never mentions the bleed screw but its use is detailed in the Technical Manual.

Reactions: glc

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update, those were the correct parts for my tractor. Finished annual maintenance, only issue was I missed the o ring around the sediment bowl when it fell off, took me a while to figure out why it wouldn't stop leaking.

Reactions: kylew
1 - 15 of 15 Posts