Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for kicks and giggles I set a jar of my home heating oil out last night to see how it reacted in sub zero temperatures.:cold:
I expected it to at least look cloudy this afternoon at -3 but it doesn't at least to my untrained eye.
It's #2 home heating oil I bought in the summer and can't imagine they would have treated it. They usually ask if it's going in an above ground tank, which it's not.
I was just surprised at it's clarity at that temperature. IDK 100_5121.JPG

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Just for kicks and giggles I set a jar of my home heating oil out last night to see how it reacted in sub zero temperatures.:cold:
I expected it to at least look cloudy this afternoon at -3 but it doesn't at least to my untrained eye.
It's #2 home heating oil I bought in the summer and can't imagine they would have treated it. They usually ask if it's going in an above ground tank, which it's not.
I was just surprised at it's clarity at that temperature. IDK
I can only pray mine looks that good right now, I'm about the same ambient temp right now.
I did get some delivered about three weeks ago. I buy my truck diesel from the same company and I treated it but didn't do anything with the heating oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts