Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some older posts, I saw where someone used a paint strainer to filter fuel when refilling tank. Never had used one for that but I thought it might be a good idea. Was at Lowes the other night and I looked at them. They had a 4 pack for $.99 I decided I would think about it. Well I stopped in HF on the way home just to look around, and here's what I got. A 100 pack for $4.99 Had a coupon so was less than that. Don't know if I will ever use all them.
IMG_0362.JPG

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Looking at some older posts, I saw where someone used a paint strainer to filter fuel when refilling tank. Never had used one for that but I thought it might be a good idea. Was at Lowes the other night and I looked at them. They had a 4 pack for $.99 I decided I would think about it. Well I stopped in HF on the way home just to look around, and here's what I got. A 100 pack for $4.99 Had a coupon so was less than that. Don't know if I will ever use all them.
View attachment 458218
Thanks for the info,,,NOW,, I need a source for low cost mixing cups

Does HF sell those?? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,064 Posts
They also work for straining 3D printer resin if a failed print leaves partially cured chunks in the vat.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I use them quite a bit. Anytime I drain any fluid and re-use it, I always strain it when I re-fill.

I also use them for latex home paint. Once you open the can, there is always some that drys in the can and the next time use that paint, it ends up in your finish. Due to its viscosity ,latex is slow to strain, so I typically have three cups with funnels going at one time so I don't have to wait for it when re-filling the roller pan.

I had been purchasing them at the auto parts stores----for a lot more than 4.99/100. Thanks for the tip!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts