Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with the fuel pump on 1026R...mine stopped pumping at 5.9 hours. It was acting up from the very start. Getting great dealer support, so don't see a long term problem... really was impressed, enjoying the machine, until it started acting up ...dying, stopping, starved for fuel. Wonder who makes these pumps? Yanmar??

·
Administrator
18,471 Posts
This is the first fuel pump problem I have heard about so far, the only other problem I read about was the front wheel problem discussed in another thread. No clue if Yanmar makes the pumps or outsources them.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Gary,

What a bad break. :thumbsdown:

The good news is, it happened while warrenty still covers the repair. Sometimes these things happen. With any real luck this will be the only problem you will have. Keep us up to date on this. :good2:

Are you planning any modifications yet?

Don't forget we will want to see your new pride and joy.

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts
This is the first fuel pump problem I have heard about so far, the only other problem I read about was the front wheel problem discussed in another thread. No clue if Yanmar makes the pumps or outsources them.
IMO,that's why it's a bad idea to get an inuagural product.

My .02

Greg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

My .02

Greg
Yes ... but, someone has to do it! Hopefully there will not be too many problems to iron out. It is quite a machine... drives, handles really nice... seems solid, with lots of nice features. Also, "ran like a Deere" (at least until the fuel pump went out!)... so, probably worth some headaches at the start.

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts
Yes ... but, someone has to do it! Hopefully there will not be too many problems to iron out. It is quite a machine... drives, handles really nice... seems solid, with lots of nice features. Also, "ran like a Deere" (at least until the fuel pump went out!)... so, probably worth some headaches at the start.
Hello Gary

You do have a point,and like Randy stated,it's warranted.
It's just a shame though you are inconvenienced with a brand new machine.
Hope things get resolved.

Greg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuel pump replaced

Hello Gary

You do have a point,and like Randy stated,it's warranted.
It's just a shame though you are inconvenienced with a brand new machine.
Hope things get resolved.

Greg
Dealer sent out field service technician/mechanic today..replaced the pump...all is well... great machine!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Just in time for the weekend. :yahoo:

Thanks for the update.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Well you know, first run bugs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fuel issues

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with the fuel pump on 1026R...mine stopped pumping at 5.9 hours. It was acting up from the very start. Getting great dealer support, so don't see a long term problem... really was impressed, enjoying the machine, until it started acting up ...dying, stopping, starved for fuel. Wonder who makes these pumps? Yanmar??
Please besure that you have the fuel injection return line checked. Mine stopped running the other night and my dealer discovered that the return line from the inj pump to the tank was pinched and wouldn't let any fuel be pumped. I ran my tractor 200 hrs before this problem developed.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts

My .02

Greg

I can understand that stance, but I'm also glad I got an earlier one because mine doesn't have the RIO b.s. like the new ones...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts