Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel shutoff valve is stuck in the closed position, will not allow the engine to run. Any hints on how to free it up. Not sure if it is inop or frozen.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
My fuel shutoff valve is stuck in the closed position, will not allow the engine to run. Any hints on how to free it up. Not sure if it is inop or frozen.
Warm it up with a blow dryer then give it a try. Hate to say it but I have never turned my fuel off for 2 years almost 400 hours and 2 days ago I drained my fuel bowl for the first time on my 4044M and just fuel came out no water! Just I have watched it and nothing ever collects in the bottom and I do make sure I use clean fuel and filter it before putting it in my Tank. I also keep it topped off each time I use it if I can to give less space for condensation. My stored fuel stays cool and does not have a big change in tempiture either. I do not recommend this to other just the way I do it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You won't likely free it up because it probably isn't stuck. Its a electro-magnetic coil that retracts the pin when +12v is applied. If you want it to run, cut the pin off at the threads. It will get you rolling, if that's the issue but I wouldn't consider that a long term solution.

On edit: you are talking about the solenoid on the bottom of the bowl, right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts