Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
I would start by disconnecting the fuel line from the sediment bowl to the carburetor at the carb. Open the sediment bowl valve and drain the tanks into an appropriate container via the fuel line you just disconnected. This process may take a while if there is a lot in there. This should drain at least 95% of the fuel in the tank allowing you to either remove the tank and dump the rest out of the filler, or just let it evaporate by leaving the tank in the sun with the cap off for a while.

Good luck!

·
Registered
568 Posts
you can also get a electric low pressure pump 12v from autozone ect for cheap. ( less then 20$) and hook it up to the lines or maybe easier to just run some fuel line into the fill hole and use the electric pump to pump in out that way. or a cheap siphon pump down the filler. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I would start by disconnecting the fuel line from the sediment bowl to the carburetor at the carb. Open the sediment bowl valve and drain the tanks into an appropriate container via the fuel line you just disconnected. This process may take a while if there is a lot in there. This should drain at least 95% of the fuel in the tank allowing you to either remove the tank and dump the rest out of the filler, or just let it evaporate by leaving the tank in the sun with the cap off for a while.

Good luck!
Don't let the EPA know about that second method. lol
They do everything in their power to keep that kind of thing from happening. LOL

·
Registered
740 Posts
Don't let the EPA know about that second method. lol
They do everything in their power to keep that kind of thing from happening. LOL
If the EPA came to my house, a little gasoline vapor would be the least of their concerns! For starters, all of my equipment was built prior to emissions controls... most of the older stuff leaks too. Secondly, there is a (gasp) Volkswagen TDI (wifes car) in the garage. Thirdly, (thanks to a thread I found here on GTT) all of my gas cans have been converted to old-style tube spouts with vent caps instead of the EPA mandated gurgling valves.

I could continue this list, but it would only incriminate me further. :mocking:

I enjoy clean air as much as anyone else does, but I also enjoy other things... like logic and reason. But that's another topic for another time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts